Sun, Oct 6, 6:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Hair Suggestions?

sbertram ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 7:43 AM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 10:51 PM

file_343634.jpg

I've been trying to figure out which hair would best mimic the hairstyle in the pic...and while it seems I can find so many styles that are very close...none seem to quite cut it. I'd love to hear if anyone else has any ideas?

Thanks!

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 9:06 AM

It's doubtful that you will find something "exactly" like any particular hairstyle.  You can find something closely related, but if you want something exact, then you are looking at post working using one of the following:

1.  hand painting;
2.  hair brushes;
3.  hand painted hair overlays that you apply in your graphic program and blend in;
4.  a variation of #3, only using a photo of your own and cropping for your own use.

You also have the option of combining hair inside poser.  Save one hair as a prop in your props folder, and use that in conjuction with another conforming hair to achieve the look you want.

If you go to Daz, and look through the 145 hair files you will find hair that is close to what you want, but not exact.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

sbertram ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 9:32 AM

Thanks Acadia...I've actually done all of those things in the past (lol). I'm planning some animation with the character I'm working on though, so I'm afraid post-work won't cut it this time around. I just thought maybe there was either some hairstyle out there that maybe I just didn't see the possibilities with - that maybe someone else recognized...or perhaps some generous hair-modeling soul out there would see my post and think to themselves, "Hey! That would make a great hairstyle for the marketplace!" and then make it and post it in the store ;-)

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 9:57 AM

Quote - or perhaps some generous hair-modeling soul out there would see my post and think to themselves, "Hey! That would make a great hairstyle for the marketplace!" and then make it and post it in the store ;-)

hehe, good luck with that one :)  I've been posting and begging  for a year to have some age appropriate hair made for older men and women.  There have been no nibbles even.

It seems that everyone is into glamour and upsweep styles. 

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

pleonastic ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 4:10 PM

if you want to do animation, you're looking at dynamic hair, which has the advantage that you can style it to your own specs.  however, it also comes with a steep learning curve, and long render times.

sbertram ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 4:29 PM

Yeah, it's those longer render times that always get me down...

I actually prefer conforming hair to anything when it's done well. I'm not a big fan of Poser's dynamic hair anyway...It's resource hungry, and rarely looks natural. I'd rather take a step up and go to Max or Maya if I want dynamic hair.

pleonastic ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 4:45 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2692873

i'm not gonna argue a whole lot with that, being as i do my hair in maya and "shave and a haircut".  :)  but i want to defend poser's dynamic hair a little -- it takes a bit of practice to make it look natural, but it can be done.  i posted an example of how good it can look in the attached thread.

but if you're gonna do your animation outside of poser anyway, the dynamic hair route is not the way to go, since i believe it doesn't export.

kalon ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2006 at 6:18 PM

Attached Link: Sharmane Hair

How about this hair...?

kalonart.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.