Mon, Sep 23, 5:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: Background Needed

jedichick22 ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 8:39 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 5:30 PM

Is someone able to make me a poser background, it needs to be 835 x 1035 pixels, and sort of like a daytime sky. No mountains or anything just like a daytime sky, with like clouds and sun. It needs to be like either early morning, or early/late noon. If anyone can do this it woul be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 10:27 PM

If you go to this link and search for "background" you should be able to find something.  You might have to resize as needed.

http://mystic-nights.com/directory/index.php

Also, try asking in the Terragen, Vue and the Bryce forum. Those 3 programs make really nice backgrounds.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

PointLady ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 4:09 AM

Hi, I suggest trying at RDNA, in the free downloads, there used to be some free sky backgounds available, probably still there, by Judith.  There are also various products available in the marketplace of backgrounds, but I think you want free ones.  So check around. Jan

Tissaia ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 7:29 AM

Hi,
you can also check sxc.hu site. They have tons of free, hi res stock photos. Many of them can be use in commercial projects :)

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 7:33 AM

Go get teragen its Free and is not that hard to learn and then you can make all the backdrops you need

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Jackson ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 11:46 AM

You can make it yourself if you or someone you know has a point-n-shoot digital camera.

Just take a shot of the sky you want, size it in whatever software came with the camera, and there you go.

thixen ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 1:25 PM

I agree with Bar-Code. For the DIY approach teragen is the best option out there. I used it many times before getting Bryce. Both peices of software will do better then what any Photoshop plug-in I've looked at.

Also if you have P6 the skydome is a great option.

If you've still haven't gotten anything when I get home (say like in 5 hrs) I'll whip you something up in Bryce real quick.

jedichick22 ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 1:26 PM

okay thanks thixen.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:09 PM

file_343936.jpg

100% Procedural.  May be of use to someone

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:11 PM

file_343938.jpg

Here's the shader for it.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

jedichick22 ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:14 PM

okay thanks, ill see if i can use it.

thixen ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 8:59 PM

I forgot to ask, did you want a horizon line or not, stright on with Bryce I get a horizon, but I can tilt the camera up and then adjust the sun to remove the horizon. I guess it depends on what you're going to do with it in your pic

Jackson ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 10:17 PM

This is pretty sad.

Hey all, there are things in your houses called windows.   Try looking out them; you should see something known as a "sky."  It's there all the time and free for all to enjoy.  And if you walk out what's known as a "door" you'll see it in all its glory. 

You don't need a computer program to generate it for you.  Someone else already has.  And I doubt any software could do a better job.

pleonastic ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 10:32 PM

saying that in a poser forum is ... odd.  maybe even ironic.  i mean, after all there are all those people out there too, why do we need digital ones?

yes, there is an actual sky out there (i enjoy it often, being as it's particularly interesting where i live), but it doesn't always conveniently look just the right way for our scenes.  and not everyone is a decent photographer, and has a huge collection of sky images so one can whip out just the right one.  i have a pretty big collection, but it's by no means comprehensive.

besides which, some people like the challenge of procedural shading.

i don't even get what's supposed to be sad about it.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 11:52 PM · edited Thu, 01 June 2006 at 11:53 PM

Quote - This is pretty sad.

Hey all, there are things in your houses called windows.   Try looking out them; you should see something known as a "sky."  It's there all the time and free for all to enjoy.  And if you walk out what's known as a "door" you'll see it in all its glory. 

You don't need a computer program to generate it for you.  Someone else already has.  And I doubt any software could do a better job.

That's not only condescending, but rude. 

If you wanted to suggest he take his own picture, all you had to do is suggest using a Kodak camera. You didn't have to say all of the rest.   :(

No wonder people leave here or are afraid to post. It's replies because of  "helpful" replies like that.

ashley9803 ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 1:20 AM

I second Arcadia. But I give Jackson (is that you Michael?) the benefit of the doubt. Also, IMO computer generated backgrounds look much better than photo backgrounds in Poser renders. A tip Michael, typing in big, bold type? Are you trying to compensate for somthing? Only joking!

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 2:25 AM · edited Fri, 02 June 2006 at 2:27 AM

Jackson, and why would any one buy the Daz troll with you around??

anyhew here are the pics

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

jedichick22 ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 9:18 AM

Okay THANK YOU THIXEN. Those are perfect.

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 10:30 AM

glad I can be of service.

Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 12:32 PM

Jeeze, a bit thin-skinned aren’t we?

Acadia, if I came across as rude, I apologize.  I was just a bit suprised when asked for such a simple thing as a sky, the only responses here had to do with computers and software.  And I did suggest he take his own picture.  Read up further to my first post.  And if you check my posting history you’ll find I usually only post helpful answers.

Ashley, I’m not using big bold type. This is big and bold.  The type I use is Times New Roman, medium size.  Why it appears bolded is beyond me, but I didn’t select it.  If I use the small size it doesn’t appear bold, but it’s too small, IMO.  And no, I’m not Michael. Funny joke though.

Thixen, please learn the proper meaning of “troll” before you start calling people one.  Again, check my message history and let me know if you still think I fit the definition.

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 12:51 PM

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion

so lets see...

someone - check you're someone, I'm sure you're not no one.

established community - Rosity is pretty well established check

inflammatory, rude or offensive messages - well maybe not offensive, but inflammatory, rude - seems to fit the bill.

annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion - ahh huh, so what part did I get wrong again?

besides it was a funny comment, ohh come on admit it, I see a smile peeking through... :D

lets laugh with each other not fight.

jedichick22 ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 1:08 PM

I am a she, not a he.

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 1:22 PM · edited Fri, 02 June 2006 at 1:23 PM

Quote - I am a she, not a he.

here I though you were poultry with a high metaclorian (how ever you spell it) count :D :P

let me know when you get the pic done, I'd like to see it.

jedichick22 ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 1:26 PM

LoLz, a chicken with a high midicholorian count, i shall use that one in the future.

the pic is almost done! yay!

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 6:36 PM

Quote - Jeeze, a bit thin-skinned aren’t we?

No, just sensitive to other peoples' feelings.

Quote - Acadia, if I came across as rude, I apologize.  I was just a bit suprised when asked for such a simple thing as a sky, the only responses here had to do with computers and software.

I give you the benefit of the doubt :)  

One thing about the internet and discussion boards is that because there is no inflection in words, or facial expressions or body language visible, what we type is taken at face value. So it's always important to consider our words more carefully than we would having a conversation face to face with someone.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.