Fri, Oct 4, 5:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: help needed rigging

shadow_dancer ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 11:42 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 6:17 PM

file_343971.jpg

this   guy hes giving me fits

shadow_dancer ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 11:42 PM

file_343972.jpg

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 12:22 AM

I should move this to the Poser Technical (or Developers) forum but I'll see if I can help. What exactly is giving you a hard time?

shadow_dancer ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 1:32 AM

well i get his  body to move  and  his eyes stay put
 or i get all his body to move and his hip dissappears

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 5:30 AM

can we get a screen of the rig itself?

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 6:06 PM

"well i get his body to move and his eyes stay put" Perhaps the eyes are parented to the UNIVERSE?

shadow_dancer ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 8:39 PM

honestly i  have no real idea im just learning this   but i am willing to learn  or split  profits with whomever riggs him and or teaches me, the rig i was trying is james rig  deleted the extra toes  i need  probably 3 bones in neck  the eyes have to be welded better i see that as on issue also   e mail me if you wish to collaberate on this guy because i am being pushed to get him on market  and ive  not even  gotten him finished

jupiterkris ( ) posted Sat, 03 June 2006 at 10:36 AM

just leave a decimated or simplified version of box objects, with grouping info someplace I can upload, (attach a file - gzipping is ok by me),  or post it to me at jpeterkrishnan@netscape.net .

i'll give it a shot . I'm quite free for now . I'll attach back the cr2 at no cost .

shadow_dancer ( ) posted Sat, 03 June 2006 at 12:40 PM

e mail sent

jupiterkris ( ) posted Sat, 03 June 2006 at 2:39 PM · edited Sat, 03 June 2006 at 2:40 PM

errh, there's a e-mail file size limit on my account - 200 or 500 kb I think . sorry

looked up my p5 geometries - even mannikin is more than 200 kb; female stick is 24 kb, but got no fingers .

make a box version for the jointing - you'd probably sleep better; ie until you have to do the morfs . hehe

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 03 June 2006 at 3:15 PM

shadow dancer - hello! welcome to the forum! please give my regards to all the folks at legume's ab3p newsgroup. looking thru the FAQs and tutorials here, I don't see anything comprehensive on rigging or figure creation as it applies to poser. this came up in the poser forum, as some chap wanted to have a conforming glove figure, but I couldn't find any links to something even as basic as that. I wonder if this is due to some tendency to do these in private, via e-mail? or are there tutorials and threads on this site to which we can direct people? my own understanding of figure creation is that it requires an entire book to describe properly, e.g. "Secrets of Figure Creation with Poser 5". hence it's beyond the scope of this forum and far beyond the scope of the poser forum, as those folks didn't even read the manual AFAIK. 😄

jupiterkris ( ) posted Sat, 03 June 2006 at 4:58 PM · edited Sat, 03 June 2006 at 5:11 PM

have received monster file, shadowdancer, and will take a crack at it and keep my fingers crossed over my nuts

btw, what's up with this need to use activeX just to post a message,

this auto newline thingy,

and non matching CSS;

seriously folks, all this gives me the willies . hehe

shadow_dancer ( ) posted Sat, 03 June 2006 at 5:09 PM

i have that book and ive been reading  it  its a wee bit confusing   im a do it and learn type  person  usally but  this ones kicking my arse  and i will send  everyone your regards ms  nancy

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 03 June 2006 at 5:34 PM

I haven't read the book, but I hope it covers everything. if there are any points in the book that have you stumped, don't hesitate to ask. my chief worry about your new figure is that, should he lower his arms, those spikes might be somewhat troublesome 😄 as in "yowtch!" if the hip is a problem, check the genitals on/off setting.

shadow_dancer ( ) posted Sat, 03 June 2006 at 8:26 PM · edited Sat, 03 June 2006 at 8:26 PM

thanks  jupiter  , good luck:) hope you have better luck at it then i did 
 nancy  the more i read in the book the more confused i get

jupiterkris ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 9:22 PM

jupiterkris ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 9:55 PM

First, sorry for empty post and long delay .
Second, got nurbed and neutered by over hundred megabytes of pure unadulterated malicious mesh .
But did learn a few things along the way . Please let me share - hehe .
Monster ****head mesh make small to medium system (like mine) unstable .
UV Mapper and Poser can strip monster mesh, leaving monster ****head intact .
Mastering of monster curves; mothering of monster meshes .
If confused, just try Hexagon .

Happy rendering . hehe .

Query was: ...
SQL Query Error: jupiterkris has gone away

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.