Wed, Oct 2, 7:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Information on Gallery Speed .....

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 1:37 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 7:22 PM

Please note that the galleries will be slower than usual for the next week while the programmers are beginning to convert the gallery data over.  While we understand this may be frustrating, the alternative would be to shut the galleries completely down for a week while we convert the 1million+ gallery images over to PHP.  In doing things this way you can still access the galleries even though they will be slow...

Please be patient with us as we move toward unveiling the new galleries!!! More information will follow soon.

Thank you.

vikinglady ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 1:41 PM

Okay.

pulls out spare mouse pad to cushion drumming fingers

Thanks for the heads-up.

Star4mation ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 2:24 PM

So that's the reason. Cheers :)

If it ain't free, I can't afford it.

Denger ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 4:17 PM

**Thanks for the notification! ** :bored:

Concepts are the playthings of an active intellect.

Digitell ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 6:04 PM

I should have read this before I complained! Sorry :O

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 6:26 PM

No problem digitell:)  Just repeat what I do during conversion time.. THIS TOO SHALL PASS, THIS TOO SHALL PASS..LOL

Lyne ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 11:56 PM

Oooooh ! I thought it had to be something like this...okay...maybe I will make note in a couple of forums as to why I am not taking the time to comment, just to view...! A week?... so by next weekend maybe?

QUESTION...then will my "applied" script colors go right into the gallery pages I view?

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Mahray ( ) posted Sat, 03 June 2006 at 6:36 AM

Forums running much faster since conversion, apart from a few stalls... and of course one of them was clicking on this thread.

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

shutterb ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 12:26 AM

Thanks for the info... Now if only I had not pulled the rest of my hair out while waiting... (just kidding... I did not have any hair left.)

woz2002 ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 2:57 PM

Thx for the heads up.....things have been a bit slow for a while now? Its now the 6th June is the upgrade complete?...I dont see php galleries but look forward to seeing them. They should run a lot smoother :)

...dont stop...keep enhancing :)

Thx Wºz™

StaceyG ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 4:09 PM

Hi woz2002,

No we just started this on Friday when I posted this thread and we expect that we will need at least until next Friday (the 9th). There is so much data to convert and of course you never know when doing things of this magnitude if you will run into any problems so we hope to be done within the next week or so.

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 7:06 PM

awesome news that the change is taking place

woz2002 ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2006 at 11:28 AM

Quote -  Its now the 6th June ....

Ooops no wonder Im loosing days..it was the 4th I posted:) NVM...hope all goes as planned.

newsport ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2006 at 11:11 PM

Oh, okay.

shutterb ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2006 at 11:20 PM

StaceyG

Will the NEXT & PREVIOUS be coming back with the new server?  Was their demise a software or a server issue? I really miss the NEXT & PREVIOUS buttons.  They made scanning the galleries go much faster.

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2006 at 8:00 PM

getting wierd today... very fast right now...getting funny sql errors, BUT gallery taking my comments anyway! LOL!! I did see some missing text for the number of comments, ratings etc... doo do dod doooo (twilight zone music)....

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2006 at 8:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewStory=13050

Lyne,

Please note the updated information in the Front Page article regarding the upcoming gallery conversion:)  This will tell you some things you might encounter this week while all this is going on.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2006 at 8:03 PM

shutterb,

Let me get with the programmers about the next/previous buttons and I'll let you know.

Thanks

vikinglady ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2006 at 8:34 PM

StaceyG

You Posted Tue, Jun 6, 2006 8:02 pm & Posted Tue, Jun 6, 2006 8:03 pm

I have not recv'd ebots for these posts and am subscribed to this thread.

Same issue in 4 other threads you have posted to in the last 2-3 days.

VikingLady

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2006 at 8:42 PM

Hi,

We are aware there is a problem with ebots and I posted in another thread about it. We now know exactly what is causing the problem its just going to take a bit until the programmers will be free to resolve due to the current gallery conversion going on until next week. As soon as they can, they will fix the ebot issue.

Thank you for your patience

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.