Fri, Oct 4, 9:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: I HAVE to know!

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 3:50 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 9:24 PM

I posted my first attempt in the Bryce Gallery...I am so embarrassed! How do you make the beautiful things I see there? I see renders that make poser look flat! I see tendrals and Vines and all sorts of beautiful things! There are figures and poses...Mine all look flat and uninspired! Where do I learn to do this things? How do I create more than the preset options? Where are the great tuts kept? Sound whiney? You bet! I wanna do that stuff too! Please help!
Show me the way...I'll do the rest!
Ariana..aka CrimsonMoon  

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 3:51 AM

Oh and BTW! How do I color things in Bryce???
me 

IO4 ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 4:27 AM

Well done on your first render.  If you are new to Bryce check out these sites for brilliant, easy to follow tutorials, they'll help you understand how to make custom effects,skies, strange shapes etc.

http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Technical/BryceTuts/BryceTutSet.html  (superb!)

http://www.pinhead.robbes.com/b101/alttoc1_30.html

http://www.brycetech.com/index.html

http://users.pandora.be/walter.vandijck/DTEtutorial1.htm

Check out the tutorial section over at Daz3d.com too, and there are a few here at rendro too.

Just keep experimenting too. Happy Brycing 😄

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 10:34 AM

Thank You IO4, for your kind inoput on my attempt! I have one question...I finally *blush found the Material Lab! But I still need to find the Lighting?! Especially the spots you mentioned. I am hoping to get to these tuts today...I really feel that I am/was missing so much in this program! ThanX for these links!!! I'll keep an eye on this post!
Ariana

IO4 ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 10:43 AM · edited Sun, 04 June 2006 at 10:47 AM

You're most welcome. You can adjust the sun in the main viewport - it's the black ball to the far right of the top of the screen (just click on it to move it around) or you can adjust it in the Sky Lab (click the words Sky & Fog  at the top of the screen then click on the little white cloud with the rainbow). The other lights are also located at the top - click on 'Create' and you should see a bunch of shapes, some in blue, some in yellow. The blue ones are primitives - cube, sphere etc.- and the yellow shapes are the lights. Just click on one and it  will appear in the viewport. If it is selected in the viewport you should see a vertical list of letters to it's side, one of which is 'E'. Click on that and you will be taken to an editing screen (the Light Lab) where you can change the light in different ways. I would suggest you try the Robin Wood tutorials first. They are excellent as they start from complete basics such as finding your way around the main screen to the exciting stuff like texturing and making simple models/shapes.  Don't forget there is a manual you can download for Bryce 5.5 from Daz3d.com too.

Have fun😄 

Bryce Arena

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 11:38 AM

IO4!!! Are you here??? I have a great result in the Material Lab! But I can't get it to go over to the main screen! I have a mountain made from a shape I created...and in a specific color(*I can view it in the preview window in the Mat Lab)..but when I click the check sign nothing happens on the render side...except I get the Color I created! But not the shape. Is there a way to save and get that preview into the main work window??? ThanX!!!!
Ariana

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 11:44 AM

not to worry..everyone's 1st Bryce pic isn't what you expect ..;) It just takes practice..keep with it..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

IO4 ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 11:48 AM

Hi

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. If the material is selected in the Mat Lab, and you can see it in the little preview screen in there, when you click the check sign it should go on to your terrain. The only way I can think of that it would appear that it hasn't is if you have selected 'smooth shaded' for your viewport models (found in the drop-down list you get if you click the little wireframe cube on the right hand side of the main screen). Make sure only your main render button is clicked to render, not any of the other four, two either side, buttons (which will appear red/blue if you have). Whatever the shape of the terrain is, that won't change no matter what texture you apply to it, unless you scale/transform it of course. Does that help?  

Bryce Arena

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 11:54 AM

IO4 here is a link to the question..I posted at Daz...it has 2 pics to explain. ThanX again!!!
Ariana

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=567268#567268

IO4 ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 12:13 PM

Right, I think I understand what you mean. In the Mat Lab click on the little arrow which is under the bottom right of the preview window, then select 'Actual selection' and the image will change to whatever you have selected in your scene. You don't need to worry too much if you have a different shape in this screen, whatever is selected in the actual scene will have the material you choose applied to it. Your terrain won't change to a sphere or something if that is showing. You can also change the way the material is applied to the object by selecting the little arrow next to 'Object Space' (top right in Mat Lab screen). If you try, for example, 'parametric' or 'spherical', or any of the others from the drop-down list, you will see the material applied differently. Try experimenting. Look forward to seeing your finished image posted here😄 

Bryce Arena

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 12:32 PM

ThanX SO MUCH! You are a GEM! I was going nuts trying to see things from that little windows perspective! LOL! OK I am taking a break...You have a great day! Hey don't worry I'll be back with more silliness shortly! LOL!!!
Ariana

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 4:53 PM

..and if you want to have fun with mats,then stop by freebies here, and look for threads on mats, and you'll have more than you can count..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

diolma ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2006 at 5:13 PM

"not to worry..everyone's 1st Bryce pic isn't what you expect ..;) It just takes practice..keep with it.."

I'll say!!...

My 1st 30/40 Bryce pics weren't what I expected (apart from one or two in the middle)...

Which is one of the reasons why I haven't posted much recently....

sigh - maybe I'll ge better.. Many do. I have some skill and some experience, but not enough to satisfy myself..

Ahh, well, that's life..

Cheers,
Diolma

ek-art ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2006 at 3:57 PM

You're also very welcome to stop by at RenderGods.com to chat with us. Personally I learned most of what I can there, it's a great resource of learning and advice. There's usually someone online 24 hours a day :)

Come join the Rendergods!

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2006 at 4:42 PM

I tried to join but the preffered link doesn't work at the moment, and I couldn't get a response to my question..so I'll give it a try later! ThanX for the link ek-art!!!
Ariana

Gog ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2006 at 5:28 AM

Attached Link: http://www.petersharpe.com

I was inspired by Peter Sharpes tuts when I first got Bryce.. take a look

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2006 at 5:39 AM

ThanX a Bunch! What an awesome site!!! I am playing with my new GND...boy she's a B! LOL!!! But i think I got a good one!
Will be checking this out further in a few!
ThanX again!!!
Ariana

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.