Fri, Sep 20, 9:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Vue 5i & Windows 64 bit

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2006 at 5:22 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:49 AM

Hi all,

Can someone advise me if Vue 5i takes advantage of Windows 64bit and if so what they are - other than you will be able to use more than 2gig of ram? As I was looking to go over to 64bit if the advantages are worth the change.

Will Poser 6 also be improved by the change?

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2006 at 5:39 AM

Neither P6 not V5i are currently 64 bit aware. Poser is long overdue for a core update to make it multiprocessor aware, never mind 64 bit (theoretically, that should be happening in the next version....). Current rumor is that that V6i is supposed to be a 32/64 bit hybrid app that will run on both kinds of OS...and we should see that one before the summer is over. Current versions of both -may- actually run slightly slower due to the fact that any 32 bit app is running in WoW, which is an emulation layer. But the OS would be in native mode, so the speed advantages there might offset it.

McMaster ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2006 at 7:44 AM

Hi!

I got Vue on a 64-bit system, and yes, it does not really support 64-bit. But funnywise it seems to work better than on nearly the same system with 32-bit. Huge scenes (with more than 9,000,000,000 polys) hang much more often on the 32-system than on the 64. Some scenes from the 64-bit-system couldn't even be opened on the 32.

But maybe the 32-system is sort of in the need of a hole reinstall, so I can't promise that it is the 32-bits more.

And still I have enough crashes on my 64-bit system...

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Thu, 08 June 2006 at 11:01 AM

Thanks for the advise

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.