Thu, Sep 19, 3:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Creature Catalog

gagnonrich ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 10:14 AM

file_338609.jpg

And even more (you'll have to click the images to be able to read the filenames)

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

gagnonrich ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 10:26 AM

file_338611.jpg

And, moving over to my Creatures index...

gagnonrich ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 10:40 AM

file_338616.jpg

And dragons

gagnonrich ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 12:26 PM

file_338644.jpg

Scary characters

gagnonrich ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 12:33 PM

file_338646.jpg

Aliens

gagnonrich ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 12:41 PM

file_338647.jpg

And more aliens.

That doesn't count alien looking robot figures or mechs or toon figures that could pass for aliens. There are also loads of morphs for different human figures that can represent different alien and animal anthro characters. There are also tons of 3D non-posing models of different creatures.

There are probably a lot more creature figures that came out after I started getting into Poser and many commercial figures that I don't have (though I've picked up a good portion of the Sixus1 figures).

x2000 ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 7:28 PM

Wow, that's quite a collection! There's some stuff there I've never even seen before.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 7:59 PM

did anybody mention that scott a. also did several dinosaurs and two godzillas IIRC? dunno if they are still available.

stonemason ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 8:08 PM

also...the JollyTroll & the Sanctum arts creatures should be mentioned

&..didn't mazak(sp?) makes some small critters last year?

Cg Society Portfolio

gagnonrich ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 10:45 PM

I've found a lot of stuff over the years, but may have missed out on the little troll Xantor showed. It looks familiar, but I couldn't find it in what I've cataloged, but there's still nearly two dozen older disks I haven't indexed completely, so I'll have to keep trudging through them and see if the character pops up. What's the original filename? I've gone through everything that I indexed as fantasy, but didn't break out the older saved content to the extent I do now. Cataloging tends to evolve over time as quantities start exceeding the sorts originally set up.

hemi426 ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 9:32 AM · edited Tue, 18 April 2006 at 9:33 AM

This is really a nice thread....

Has anyone ever seen a (nice) furry horse-human hybrid character? I mean something like the paintings of Dr. Comet.

I would like to make one myself (Anime style horsey head on V3 or A3 Body), but I have never done modelling.

gagnonrich ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 2:43 PM

I haven't found a Poser character with a horse's head, but a number of people have created anthro figures by combining heads from Poser animals with Poser figures. Lemurtek did it with a number of animals, but hadn't done it with a horse.

Start a new post thread asking how to do it. PhilC is supposed to have a script that's supposed to make it an easy process, but I can't remember if it's only for human figures or if it's easy to use it combining animals with humans.

hemi426 ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 3:40 PM

Quote - I haven't found a Poser character with a horse's head, but a number of people have created anthro figures by combining heads from Poser animals with Poser figures. Lemurtek did it with a number of animals, but hadn't done it with a horse.

Start a new post thread asking how to do it. PhilC is supposed to have a script that's supposed to make it an easy process, but I can't remember if it's only for human figures or if it's easy to use it combining animals with humans.

Thanks for the advice. I know (of course) the Lemurtek figures. I cannot imagine that an automated tool will achieve satisfying results in the "Frankensteining" process. At least not with non unimesh donors :-). But I will start a new thread.

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 9:17 AM

he's called the demon... not sure where i saw him though,
am at work and don't have my links list

but will look it up later tonight..

also there was a character offered at faeriewylde called  " IT "  that should be added to this list.

netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 9:40 AM

It3.jpg

"IT" from-http://www.3d-bizarre-by-fw.com

www.oodlesdoodles.com

LilWolff ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 5:49 PM

Quote - I have no idea who made this little guy or where I got him from. Anybody recognize him?

Troll Model by Bill Fleming

Poser conversion by Serpent (Props Guild Distributed)

I remember because I did a picture with  a free Goblin Blimp from Pose Works and used the Troll as the Goblins.  Horrible picture when I look at it now, but at the time I thought it was good. LOL

I have a lot of the oldies too. :-)

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 6:04 PM

yes, the troll thing was at virus' old propsguild site.

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 8:19 AM

file_339201.jpg

I guess my new draconian figure add on would probably be consideres "creature" themed.

Basically they are 2 figures, one Wyvern/dragon like wingarms, and the other, a lower dragon torso. You can stick them on various figures to "Draconize"  them.

Here's Aiko Sporting both parts

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

bnetta ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 12:28 PM

garree that looks great where can i get it?

netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 1:04 PM

No where yet... I was hoping to sell it at Daz, but they are waffling on IF they want to carry it or not.

I have additional textures half done for it, and also armor about 1/3 done as well.

Here's the link for the thread I posted there 2 days ago:

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=35436&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=1b2be96bbfec573409c32713872b38e2

gagnonrich ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 7:07 PM

Was the filename cavetroll.zip?  That's the oldest troll figure I've got on disk.

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 7:44 AM

The Draconian is now available.. check this Product Showcase thread for details...

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2644743

x2000 ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 2:39 PM

A dragon lady, huh? Cool. Reminds me of my sister-in-law, only far, far more attractive. :laugh:

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 4:13 PM · edited Mon, 24 April 2006 at 4:13 PM

LOL! Well, it can be used for a dragon lady, dragon man, dragon robot, dragon toon character.. I've ft a host of figures during testing, and others are having suuccessful fits with other figures as well.

The idea was not to tie it to one figure seamlessly, bu tget a "good fit" with as many figures as possible.

I even posted a "Cylon Dragon" in the gallery here..

sd012q ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 10:56 AM

not wrong love the old grey aliens always look good better than some of the new stuff
but still new is good but old is better lol

SpiritWolf448 ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 5:10 AM

Fans, while we are at it, has anybody ever seen a Rancor from Star Wars fame for Poser? I found the odd one for 3DS Max, but nothing on the Poser front so far. :(

Run, wolf warrior, to realms eternal....

gagnonrich ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 10:26 AM

I've only seen the Max version for the Rancor.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 9:38 PM

Quote - Has anyone ever seen a (nice) furry horse-human hybrid character? I mean something like the paintings of Dr. Comet.

I was piecing together a hybrid of V3 and the MilHorse for a commission project, but my patron lost interest.

SnowFox was working on a hybrid earlier this year, using Lady Littlefox's Diamond.

And PhilC has an "Anthropomorphic Pony" for sale at his website.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 10:00 PM

welcome back, l.d.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 12:52 AM

Thank you.  Happy to be back.

Nice flower.

12rounds ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:10 AM

I haven't seen anyone in this thread having a render of Sanctum Art's wonderful Phenotype-series creatures. I got myself the Drub while SA was still at DAZ - I wish I had gotten them all back then.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:55 AM

They're all available for purchase at his website now.  Or is he still missing a few?

12rounds ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 5:44 AM

Oh yes they are, but the prices are way more than I'm prepared to pay and more than they used to be at DAZ. Hence the "I wish ...".

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 5:49 AM · edited Thu, 01 June 2006 at 5:50 AM

file_343914.jpg

Wow...that's pretty neat. A few years back I offered these three as Freebies here at Rosity. They were made in Rhino, using techniques I now know won't animate too well. lol, I do plan to redo them and offer them again one day though. There's also that pathetic excuse for a Shaak that I made over at Sci-Fi3D.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 6:21 AM

Wonderful thread, I'm missing X-Tro and Have's Oni, worth to be named here too.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

gagnonrich ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 8:15 AM

Quote - A few years back I offered these three as Freebies here at Rosity.

Must have been more than a few years ago because I don't remember these and they look pretty good!

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 9:21 AM

There's a new critter in Rendo's marketplace this week...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 11:26 AM · edited Thu, 01 June 2006 at 11:27 AM

Quote - I haven't found a Poser character with a horse's head,  [...]

PhilC is supposed to have a script that's supposed to make it an easy process, 

Actually Phil has made a figure with a horse head. Very cute, she comes with saddle and stirrups and all ;o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 11:58 AM

As every properly attired woman should have... ;)

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2006 at 7:26 AM · edited Tue, 06 June 2006 at 7:28 AM

Quote - > Quote - A few years back I offered these three as Freebies here at Rosity.

Must have been more than a few years ago because I don't remember these and they look pretty good!

Thanks. They were pulled last year. They weren't rigged, just OBJ files and LWO files. I've been thinking of doing a Rancor in my freetime but I haven't had much of that lately.

Edit:  Thought we weren't allowed to toot our own products here. Freestuff no prob but sale items? Did that change? (not meant to be sarcasm, I'm just curious).

Redfern ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2006 at 9:32 AM

As I understand it, a merchant can not announce his own purchasable items in the general Poser forum, only the "Showcase" section.  However, a customer or independent third party can discuss, praise or critique that item in this forum.

A content provider, can, however, announce or discuss his own free item in the general Poser section.  Recently, a forum member suggested a separate forum be created to announce freebies in much the same way as the Showcase section.  The idea was viewed with reservation by many.

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

SpiritWolf448 ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2006 at 12:37 PM

Well, all I can say is I would l-o-v-e a Rancor for Poser.... and I dare say that I am not alone. ^_^"

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2006 at 3:51 PM

Thanks for clarifying. I'll see if I can do a Rancor one weekend this month.

SpiritWolf448 ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2006 at 7:17 PM

No hurries. I am just expressing what I (and others I know) would like to see... ;-)
But thanks. If you need some spare time, maybe I can donate some to you, mh? :-D

tainted_heart ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2006 at 7:03 PM · edited Wed, 07 June 2006 at 7:17 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_344642.jpg

Here's a few creatures I've had sitting on my hard drive. They are:

1. Garthim  2. Nani by Traveler  3. Ovita by Davo  4. P4A01DX by Toshi

1. P3 Katman by Traveler  6. P3 Katwoman by Traveler  7. Gremlin by Traveler

It's all fun and games...
Until the flying monkeys attack!!! 

tainted_heart ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2006 at 7:10 PM · edited Wed, 07 June 2006 at 7:17 PM

file_344643.jpg

Here's a few more.
  1. Ghastli  2. DAZ Bigfoot  3. the ever lovable Buzz Alien  by George Deep

2. Couatl  5. Demon Baby by WebZombie 6. Drak by Jonathon Lynn

3. Bast Cat Goddess by Traveler  8. bbay hippocampus 9. PhilC's Grim Reaper

tainted_heart ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2006 at 7:17 PM

file_344645.jpg

One last group.
  1. arach-fem-AD  2.Arcania  3. bbay Devil Girl

2. Wyvern by Dan "DD" from Poseworks  5. bbay Hell Steed  6. bbay Multigoblin

coelacanthropy ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 11:51 PM

file_345216.jpeg

Cool thread!

This is Red King.

MyCleverName ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 9:26 AM

file_345315.jpg

Let us not forget: Davo's Beyond Bent Nightmare Creatures the Giger-esque Aliens the Alien Queen by Franz Munz and Sixus1 at poserfreebies.com (not pictured) Sixus1's Shubby, Violator, Nightgaunt, Mi-Go, the Jersey Devil the Ogog (a two-headed giant not pictured) the Scritt the Water Elemental Curio's Ragbash Troll the Greyling aliens at RDNA the Zygore Alien UG!

gagnonrich ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 11:37 AM

file_356689.jpg

I found another disk with a bunch of characters that could be used for aliens and here they are. If I feel ambitious, I might go through the human figure listings and find all the alien looking characters for them. These are mostly unique standalone figures, but there are a lot of Michael, Victoria, P4 Male & Female morphed characters that can also be in this list.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.