Mon, Oct 21, 11:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: How can I improve this image?

MaterialForge ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2001 at 8:15 PM ยท edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 7:05 AM

file_162716.jpg

It was a quickie, but should I do anything to it? It was rendered in Bryce. The character was Mantra from the 3dCC, and the castle door is a close up of Darkworld's castle (castle & bridge) here in the free stuff area. I modified the materials a bit after importing into Bryce. Anybody got any suggestions, comments, criticisms? thanks! --silver

morganza ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2001 at 9:27 PM

Hey silver! It looks great! The only thing i would comment on is the lack of light, it's kind of dark, but i'm thinking that's the effect you want, right! Let's see another.

koncz ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2001 at 10:40 PM

hey silver! great picture!perhaps you can put a picture's back same like a"sky"(for example),you can made this in "terragen" or "vue d'esprit2 or3".you create it,register in ".bmp"an after you import it in poser same like a back picture. (excuse my english if is not very good, i'm "french"). see you more...

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2001 at 12:52 AM

If she is waiting for the portcullis to lift, perhaps there could be a hint (dread or anticipation) of what might be on the other side? A very large monster's foot, for example, would lead the viewer into the implied story and create sympathy for her. Fog tendrils (with little glowing eyes?)should be quick to pop in the scene and would add atmosphere. Even a silhouette (of the man she is perhaps shadowing?)would give a bit more depth to the scene. It is interesting, and I like the low lighting and possibilities for further adventure. Carolly

visualkinetics ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2001 at 1:05 AM

Perhaps you should think about making her pose more "battle ready". Her stance suggests that there is nothing to be feared beyond those gates. I suggest that she stand a bit more with her knees bent, slightly hunched forward, like she's about to bolt after the gates lift. The sword position looks a little weird too. You normally would not be able to hold a sword at that angel comfortably. Try either angling it down a bit or bring it up more with the fore arm bent in front protectively. One last thing is that maybe there should be more texture in the haze or fog... sort of more of a swirling smoke effect. It's a great start. visualkinetics

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2001 at 5:03 PM

Couple of suggestions: Maybe a sky with a moon? crescent perhaps? A hint of buildings or mountains in the background? And maybe adjust the lighting - use a couple of sources, I'd suggest a bluish one outside the gate, above the figures height, set to about 4 and a yellow one to the left of the camera, at a little above 'ground level', set to about 10. That should pop the contrast up a bit, while giving the effect of moonlight and fire. Nice figure and idea - will be interesting to see what happens to this image :) Lyrra

MaterialForge ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2001 at 7:15 PM

Thanks all! I'll try out your tips and see what happens! Will post a new thread when I'm done! --silver

koncz ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 3:18 PM

file_162721.jpg

hello silver i have work on your picture and i've make this image. say me what you thik of this. (the back image is a land made in terragen,and i've work for the two in photoshop6). see you more

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.