Mon, Sep 23, 6:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 7:15 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Stacey... Hate to tell you this

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:06 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 6:21 PM

Ebots aren't working for me, Sweetie.  I posted an image....9 comments....0 ebots about it. Also, at least one fav artist....0 ebot. Haven't looked through the galleries just yet to see if I missed any more fav artists. But I did catch one by browsing.

Janet

Belladzines ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:45 PM

not only that but the homepage is shocking at the moment...... its a grey page .. all links are on the side panel........ and i just cant find my way :-(........................

but everything else looks great!!

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:48 PM

The whole site is messed up, Sharyn. I give up for today. I have to get up early anyways and this palce is giving me a headache.

Belladzines ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:51 PM

sleep tight!!..................

Giolon ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:55 PM

I received some comment notifications but not others.  I've got 4 comments on my latest image and only got notifications for two of them.

Also, the commenters reported NOT receiving favorite artist ebot notifications.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:01 PM

Reported this just now to the programmers

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:05 PM

Thanks Stacey.

Night Sharyn!!!! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Digitell ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:11 PM

Also when I click on the ebots that I have left over from a few days back....I am getting error pages. I cannot get to the images. I am so confused. I feel like that poor guy on the movie "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest"!

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:13 PM

Chrissy...the servers changed, so the addy changed, so the ebots from a few days won't work anymore.

Stacey? Could we get some kind of word on what is going on at the present time with the site?

romanceworks ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:23 PM

Stacey - we are not receiving any ebots yet. Another problem ... on our homepage the link to our gallery takes us to the main gallery and not our private gallery. Appreciate it if you would report this to the programmer. :) Carol

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:27 PM

The Homepage links aren't fixed yet but should be soon. They are aware of this issue.

If you all are referring to ebots that should have come in the last hour, because of the server issues it would have caused no ebots to be sent out. And they weren't fixed until this afternoon so can you give me a hint at the timeframe you all are referring to so I can better inform the programmers to know if it is really still an issue or due to all the crazy server issues we've had today.

Other than to tell you all that we had major server problems due to load balance and some other issues that I can't speak of because not being a "techie" person not sure I understand, LOL..

I think (keeping fingers crossed) that we have seen the light at the end of the server tunnel now.

Belladzines ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:29 PM

but not only that........

www.renderosity.com leads to this front page where its like the marketplace, the menus are on the side panel - left.

if you click on homepage on that side panel - it takes you to the old homepage.......... now i dont know if its meant to be like that but just thought i'd jot it down.

and on that page www.renderosity.com - there are no links to like forums, marketplace, galleries etc. like the old one had...........

thats my memo........... :-)

and i only get ebots from the forums not the galleries....... but thats ok gives me the opportunity and reason to look at images that arent from any of my favs................

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:34 PM · edited Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:34 PM

Actually, I posted my image way more than an hour ago and never received any ebots. Not even getting them from the forum now and I was up until 20 minutes ago.

The other thing I was asking about was the wonky way the whole site was acting. Seems to be stabilized for now, though.

We gonna have to send you to "techie" school? lol

Giolon ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:35 PM

I just received another comment at 10:24pm server time and I received no ebot notification about it.

Here is the image that got comments this evening:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1238714

The comments by angelbearz, artstrider, and myself triggered the ebot.  The rest of the comments did not.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:37 PM

Okay thanks that helps. Just forwarded this info to the programmers.

You know they are probably so sick of me by now:)

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:50 PM

Due to the ISP-related server problems today, our mail server had begun to refuse connections, and we just realized it when you guys reported this ( thank you) so we're having to use a different mail server for now. Should be fine now

Belladzines ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:52 PM

Never shoot the messenger... thats a good saying to use right about now.............

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:55 PM

I agree since that would be me, LOL

Belladzines ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 11:12 PM

ok well just thought i would report that i recieved an ebot from someone that added me to their fav artist list........

thats good right?

Doc000 ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 11:18 PM

I finally started getting ebots again.  Unfortunately, the link in the email that was supposed to take me to my image so I could see the comment just takes me to the front page of the galleries.  I have HTML turned off in my email so I just get it in plain text and the link looks like it has some funky formatting.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 1:20 AM

Well I uploaded a pic last night (my time) - in the new gallery. And before I went to bed it had got 3 comments (which I found out by refreshing the page) - but no ebots were recieved.

Then this morning I got one ebot fo rthat pic, but the link in the ebot doesn't even point at the new excalibur server... So all that did was to take me to a 404 page.

Now, since the galleries are  - yet again -  down, I can't see if I've got more than this one comment after I went to bed, but...

Oh and PLEASE fix the link to the galleries on top of all the pages. It, too, takes you to the 404 on the old server.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Belladzines ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 1:33 AM

galleries are fine for me

i got an ebot for one of my images - and it lead me to the main page of the gallery - only hiccups.. looks like we're getting there.

the link up top for galleries works fine for me... but then i use IE..........

ramhernan ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 1:48 AM

hi:

Sorry to say this, but i'm affraid that the ebots are not working yet, at least not the ones regarding about favs posts, i just check the main gallery (whats new) and i discovered one of my favs posted , jun16, 12:XX AM and i have no ebot about this

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ramón

If it looks as mere real life, then it don't worth the effort.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 2:06 AM

Hmm.. Every ebot I get now, including the one for this reply, takes me to the default 404 page.

Clicking the Galleries on top of this page takes me to the same 404 and using the gallery link in my sig (a link that definately worked last night) takes me to Firefox' version of "Page cannot be displayed"

I can't even try it with IE as I haven't got it installed (it was eaten by the Polip.a virus and I never bothered to repair it as I never use IE anyway)

Whatever is wrong with the top link should be fixed Pronto. There's a LOT of users who does not use (nor want to use) IE.

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 2:10 AM

Just for the record, I just tried with Opera, and it was exactely the same. I can't get to the galleries at all.

Belladzines ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 2:13 AM

i use firefox at home so i'll try then too...............

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 2:39 AM

It's getting really annoying too, because it did work yesterday but now all I get is dead links :(

bogwoppet ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 4:48 AM · edited Fri, 16 June 2006 at 5:01 AM

I haven't received an ebot from the galleries for days now although I'm getting notification of new products for my fav merchants.

On my homepage all of my fav artists and images have vanished - will I get them back and if so when? The galleries are still very slow and all of the images are missing from my homepage along with the thumbnail of my free item.

The floating box (with the image details in it) that appears over the gallery image thumbnails when the cursor is moved over them is terrible, it flickers and is very off-putting,  can I stop it?

Cheers

Tony

Christel ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 5:30 AM

Ebots is not working for me either.. I get ebots about uploads to artist i dont have in my favorit list..

I want to take your hand and walk you through my dreams...

Digitell ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 5:56 AM · edited Fri, 16 June 2006 at 5:58 AM

Hi Stacey.

Thanks for your help. The time frame I am speaking of with my ebots is June 12 -13th.

I get the error page " This page cannot be displayed" when I click on where my fav artist has uploaded a new image, and I got 5 emails about my favorite merchant has uploaded a new product.

No new ebots of fav artist uploading since June 13th which is very odd.

romanceworks ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:30 AM

Hey, we actually got a comment ebot this morning and it took us to the right pic in our gallery. :o) Carol

louly ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:13 AM

venerella ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:14 AM

Hi Stacey, are programmers fixing the problem? I'm litterally overloaded of ebots. Until now in my day I have received at least 100 ebots... are really too many.

Nothing new by chance that you know please?

Ty bunchie,

Barbara

louly ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:15 AM

I haven't had one email (ebot) telling me one of my fav artists has uploaded a new picture and I know they have. Haven't had one ever since the new gallery was put up. I usually get a few every day.

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:35 AM

Yes the programmers are working on this.

Georges_H_Hoens ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 1:42 PM · edited Sat, 17 June 2006 at 1:46 PM

I had disable ebots because it interfer with my business... And now I recieve them again with no way to cut them here. It really sound strange that some new words appear : "Market place" ... On the ebots : "Renderosity Market place" which is reference to business.

That's cool! But It is not cool at all to disturbe someone else business.

I thing it will take a time before I come back here.

By the way I'm now pro photographer and find all this confusion not pro.

Grrrrr,

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.