Mon, Oct 7, 6:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: RSS

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 2:29 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 6:18 AM

I'm starting to really like the new galleries and forum. 

I was wondering if the new format has a possibility of producing RSS feeds?
It would be nice to have various feeds for news, maybe particular forums, even individual galleries.  As well as, or even as an option instead of ebots.

Just a thought.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

jjean21 ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 2:35 PM

Considering for a moment that I'm a complete idiot (which I can be) what's an RSS feed?

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 2:44 PM

Attached Link: What Wikipeadia has to say about RSS

Means different things to different people, but most think it means Really Simple Syndication.   It's news feeds that a lot of sites offer.  You use a news reader, or even the new google homepage to take information from various sites and display it in one place.   As the sites are updated, this one newsreader automatically changes to show the current "stories".

With Rosity I imagine seeing Competition anouncements, relevant industry news, AOM and MOM, news about rosity, even certain forum topics could be covered.   You could even subscribe to artists and see gallery and forum posts they make.  All within one external news reader.   If you see something that you'ld like to read more about, click on the link and it takes you to the relevant page in rosity.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

SndCastie ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 3:25 PM

We kind of have that with our front page news If you have something you would like to see contact vclaszlo (Nick) our front page editor. Also we have a industry news forum first one under topics that you can post notices of any news on programs,etc or contact lillian about something.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

jjean21 ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:26 PM

Thanks for the explanation, that's one less thing that I don't understand now. 1 down and thousands to go LOL.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 6:26 PM · edited Sun, 18 June 2006 at 6:29 PM

Attached Link: DAZ Productions

> Quote - We kind of have that with our front page news If you have something you would like to see contact vclaszlo (Nick) our front page editor. Also we have a industry news forum first one under topics that you can post notices of any news on programs,etc or contact lillian about something.

Kinda sorta, but I have to go to the front page to see it.  The idea of RSS is to see news and info from numerous sites without actually having to go to each one, each day to see what's new.   BUT the front page news and news forum  is EXACTLY the kinda thing I'd like to see in a RSS feed.

Even DAZ have an RSS feed.  http://www.daz3d.com/rss/rss.xml  (You need a reader to view the page, but click on it anyway)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 6:28 PM

Not to promise anything here... but I believe the change to PHP is meant to keep Renderosity open to future improvements. That could include things like RSS, tags, or other modern innovations in collaborative web design :)

SndCastie ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 6:30 PM · edited Sun, 18 June 2006 at 6:30 PM

I see what you mean but I still think what we have is nice too :O) but will put in on list of requests

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 6:35 PM

Oh yes, don't get me wrong. It's nice, useful and the changes are really bringing it along nicely.   But in the age where no one has time to do anything, it's nice to see what's going on at Rosity everytime I go to google (for instance).

For example.  My google Home page currently shows me, my email, my google calendar, my newsgroups, poker news, BBC News, DAZ news, IMDB news, Entertainment News, the weather, Current world cup standings and what my next netflix movies are.  All on one page.   Rosity would fit nicely under the football page.  :-)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

SndCastie ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 6:38 PM

I have forwarded your request to be added to the list :O)

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 7:41 PM

OK, I'll shut up about it..... for now.  :-)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

SndCastie ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 7:43 PM

LOL Ok but if you have any other suggestions let us know :O)

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.