Mon, Sep 9, 6:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: cr2 tutorials? Need to clean up a cr2 file

Swidhelm ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 6:13 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 6:29 AM

Hello,

This is actually my first time posting here (in the forums anyways) but I've lurked for eons. I have a bit of a problem. I've been working on a predator figure based on the second movie, and this is my first real attempt to make anything conforming.

Problem is using mike 2.0's skeleton to conform the gear to him means all his morph dials show up when selecting the armour. That and if I delete the materials (ie. eyebrows, skin head, etc) that aren't related to my figure, but mike 2, it essentially breaks the cr2. I just need to get rid of the material information and the morph dials. Is there perhaps a better way of doing this? Maybe a stripped cr2? Is it worth stripping one? Are there any good tutorials for that anywhere?

That is essentially the only thing left that is keeping me from making the predator figure for mike 2 availalbe to people.

Anyways, thanks for any help anyone can offer! It is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Swidhelm

Gora ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 6:53 AM

"If toast
always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what
happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"

Steven Wright

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 7:09 AM

I usually use morph manager to delete the morphs and edit the cr2 in a text editor to take out the unused materials.

Swidhelm ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 7:47 AM

Sweet, thanks. I downloaded morph manager and took care of the morphs! Not so familiar with the cr2 to try deleting materials though. Well I did try, heh, but it caused the cr2 to break really. I load the figure in windows, and its all funny colours and I can't even select it. Its not listed as a figure or a prop, and I can't click on it. Not even to delete it. I have to start a new file.

Thanks for the help thusfar though! Definitly needed!

Swidhelm ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 8:06 AM

Sweet! I looked through the CR2 in Word Pad, and found what I was after! Thank you for the help guys, it is most appreciated! I can't wait to make Predator available. Soon hopefully, even though I've been saying that for eons. :D. But I have started a higher res one, based on the creature from part 1 but with custom armour. Far from finished, but I'd rather learn this stuff now and stream line it.

Now all I need is to figure out how to map the head well. Heh. All well. Another thread for that perhaps! Thanks again!

Cheers!

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 12:13 AM

If you want a CR2 (and other Poser-related files) editor that is similar to Morph Manager, but also allows you to many other things (including delete unused material groups), you should check out CR2Builder, another great free utility :) It offers the most editing ability on the one hand, while still making it easy to retain the file structure that Poser needs in order for the file to not be 'broken'.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.