Fri, Oct 4, 2:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: time zone - changing

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 8:46 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:27 PM

when i first signed up with rendo, I was operating out of Texas (GMT-6), most of the time now I am out of Montreal (GMT-5). Where and how can I change this?

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

williamsn ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 9:07 PM

At this time there is not the ability to change time zones. N

-Nicholas

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 9:10 PM

But there will be...yes???

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 9:10 PM

Explains why I am having such a hard time finding it LOL, Thanks (grin)

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

williamsn ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 9:36 PM

At this time, no, there is not a plan to put a time zone feature in place. In the future, once the conversion is past, we may consider it. N

-Nicholas

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 3:34 AM

Good thing I'm in Renderosity Time Zone [RTZ] then I guess, I'd hate to have some other time up at the top there...LOL

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 6:15 AM

Actually, I rather LIKE the fact that I see the Renderosity time zone. Announcements of when the site will be down, when the deadline of a challenge is, whatever, they're all in Renderosity server time. I can calculate the difference between Renderosity time and my local time pretty quick, so I know at what time (my local time) a certain event will occur on 'rosity.

If the clock would display my local time, there would be a good chance I'd be off by an hour or two (forgetting about Daylight Saving Time differences and so on).

So please keep the renderosity server time display!

On the other hand, if you're going to consider a time zone feature, please make it an option. And maybe it would be an idea to display both user local time and Renderosity time.

Nothing important (to me anyway), just a little idea.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

vikinglady ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 10:24 AM

svdl

Quote -  And maybe it would be an idea to display both user local time and Renderosity time.

I vote for this option.     :thumbupboth:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.