Mon, Oct 7, 6:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Surface Replicator

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:07 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 6:16 AM

I've got the surface replicator working pretty good, but I have a quick question.   I'm putting trees onto a terrain and they, as I would expect, match the angle of the terrain.   However, in real life, trees usually grow up, even on the side of mountains. 

Is there a way to make surface replicated trees grow up even if the ground they are replicated on is on an angle?

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

dbigers ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:16 PM

Uncheck where it says Align object to normal.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:36 PM

Perfect!  Thanks.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

xenic101 ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 12:06 AM

Quote - However, in real life, trees usually grow up, even on the side of mountains.

What kind of bizzare mutant trees do you have growing over there? Real trees grow exactly at exactly a 45 degree angle to the sun's azimuth. With the notable exception of Ursa Minor Beta's Shading Palm. Which has evolved the natural and automatic ability to lean from it's root base to whatever angle provides the optimal shade to anyone sitting on a beach chair within 3 meters. This of course led to orchards of UM-Betan Shady Palms being grown specifically to host the popular game of 'Beach Chair Twister' which was adapted on college campuses everywhere into the wildly popular party game 'Co-ed Naked Beach Chair Twist and Squirm'. Resulting in the tree being banned from most college campuses. A Bonzai variety of the tree is currently under developement, however, since the amount of duct tape needed to keep a fairy in a beach chair renders the entire thing useless, research funding has dried up. For more information, please visit http://www.theshadypalmsofursaminorbeta.com

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 5:58 AM

You know, I only read as far as bizzare and then I fell asleep.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

cjd ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 7:31 AM

drawbridgep,

I think you must not be a fan of "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"  😄

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 8:03 AM

I'm a huge fan.  It's just that Xenic bores me.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 8:07 AM

I am of course kidding.  Xenic is a friend and a fellow rendergod, actually, no I wasn't kidding, I can barely keep my eyes open in the chat room, on the few occasions that he actually comes out from lurking.  :-D

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

xenic101 ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 9:46 PM · edited Thu, 22 June 2006 at 9:52 PM

file_346090.jpg

Ironically, I could barely keep my eyes open while typing it, and fell asleep as soon as I posted it.

and how long has my sig been broke?

ren_mem ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 11:13 AM

LOL...thanks guys...  Nice to see people who don't take themselves too seriously... seriously :blink:
:biggrin:

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 1:17 PM

Quote - and how long has my sig been broke?

Ever since I hacked into your account and removed it?  Told you it was a mistake to trust me with your password.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 7:40 AM · edited Sat, 24 June 2006 at 7:41 AM

Quote - A Bonzai variety of the tree is currently under developement, however, since the amount of duct tape needed to keep a fairy in a beach chair renders the entire thing useless, research funding has dried up. For more information, please visit http://www.theshadypalmsofursaminorbeta.com

Hey, No FAIR!  The link is broken!

Lol!

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 11:15 AM

I guess the broadband connection between here and ursa minor beta is down. Probably solar flares.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.