Sun, Oct 6, 1:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Disgusted

Avalonne ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 8:03 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 3:44 AM

I am soooooooooooo disgusted with the site the way it is now. It would seem that NOTHING works right. EBots aren't going out when they should....artwork isn't appreciated, but my BIGGEST GRIPE is how SLOW this place is. We lost a wonderful member recently, but the article didn't appear on the front page until tonight....and I left a comment of support to poor Carol and here it is well over an hour later and STILL my comment isn't appearing. Rosity used to be about the PEOPLE....about the ARTISTS....now? It's about the damned STORE!!!! Hell...you plug in www.renderosity.com and you are brought not to the actual front page of the website...you are brought to the STORE!!! Well people...some things are more important than the almighty BUCK.....I say that that fact seems to have been lost on the PTB here.....it saddens me because I have been a member here for over 6 years and now? I could care less..............

Kinouk ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 8:18 PM

I hear ya :(!!!! I have fixed most of my problems..but right now my head is spinning. I feel so bad for Carol!

hugz

Kinouk ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 8:19 PM

I hear ya :(!!!! I have fixed most of my problemswith Rosity..but right now my head is spinning. I feel so bad for Carol!

hugz

Shardz ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 8:38 PM

I, too, just noticed the announcement this morning on the front page regarding Mr. Heart's passing and I am just so taken back by it all. I've been checking back regularly all day to read all the comments and to this very minute there appears to be only 5 posted.  =( 

It's just so traumatic to hear this news and I'm still in shock. Unfortunately, the chaos that the new site has invoked is making it very difficult to make important headline news apparent the way the site it setup. I actually went to the front page by accident today and I'm glad I did as I could not comment fast enough.

My heart, thoughts, and very best wishes go to Carol and her family. It's most definitely a tremendous loss to this community and I hope she continues sharing with us in the wake of this tragic event.

Karen, hang in there regarding the site issues. It's bound to get better once things literally get back to speed and all the functionality returns. It would be even more of a loss to lose you and others over the growing pains. I think more than ever we need the old school members here to keep the balance. Plus I'd miss you too much if you did leave!

liewald ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 6:04 AM

I Agree 100%  this is no longer a community............. it's a store............ We've lost to the almight $ Again!.......

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 7:34 AM

I appreciate your points, and they are valid points, but we need to give renderosity (and I'm just as guilty as anyone) a little slack.  What they've created here is not just a personal website, it's a major undetaking and that takes constant attention and a staff.   This doesn't come cheap and they have to make money from advertising, sales and subscriptions and if by having to look at adds on everypage it means I get a great site (and I really think that when the dust settles it will be a great site again) then I'll happily look at a few adds.

With the changes, they've tried to bring the site inline with 2006 and although on the face of it, it's not that greater change, it's a completely different beast under the hood and there is bound to be a transition period of uneven service.  

As for being a store rather than a  community, it's not a charity or even a folly run by someone with more money than sense, it's a business and designed to make money.   It's also a business with no real product.

Normally as a repsone to a post like this you'ld get some idiot say "if you don't like the channel then switch over" or some other metaphor.   Not very helpful or understanding, but I can see the point of what they are trying to say.   I would say to anyone that is so badly affected by the current situation to leave for a month or two.  Come back after a break and see if things have settled down.  Hopefully you'll be happy with the site once it's back up to full steam and if not, then it'll be time to move on.

Finally, as for the two artists that we sadly lost recently, my thoughts go out to the families.  I didn't know either artist, but hopefully the thought that in some small way their art will live on here will become  a comfort.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

liewald ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 8:06 AM

Quote : As for being a store rather than a  community, it's not a charity or even a folly run by someone with more money than sense, it's a business and designed to make money.   It's also a business with no real product.

My Point Exactly...... People shouldn't forget this. Rendo started as a community........  NOT ANY MORE!!!!!!

The whole focus of the site has changed but the banner still says "Renderosity Art Community"

I understand the need to fund the site fully  my point is that there should be a better balance.

We can live in hope!!!!!!

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 8:16 AM

:-)   We seem to be using the same point for different sides of the argument.

I've only been a member for a few years, so can't talk about what it used to be like in the good old days.   But I'm sure the beast has grown way beyond what the creators imagines or ever hoped and as such they've had to become a little bit more capialist minded.   If the choice is between being a small community based art site running on substandard servers with virtually no support and a few people working on it in their spare time and one of the largest art sites on the web, then the choice is clear.

I think they've got the balance pretty much spot on.   Look at other sites, not just art related, and you get pop up adds, flashing banners, flash "games" to let you win ipods, god knows what spyware and a ton of links to other sites.   It's my very humble opinion that we've got it pretty good here.

We can live in hope, you're right, the hope being they don't have to resort to becoming the myspace of the art community.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

liewald ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 9:04 AM

Hmmmmm....  well you have your opinion and I have mine, A business would have had a fully tested and mplemented site before launch... and  a proper rollout process......... let's agree to differ.

CarolSassy ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 9:22 AM

I like what's been done, and if they need to sell things to give us zillions of MB's of space to have galleries for free, then MORE POWER TO 'EM!   You gotta go with the flow! (:

Carol aka Sassy
If you can't stand the heat,
Don't tickle the dragon!

Kinouk ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 10:44 AM

I used a CCS code to be able to view the gallery like I want too. It seems they still haven't fixed the ebots matter...still not getting them for fav. artists. But other than that, I 'm  happy with the chanes. The site is much faster.

hugz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.