Thu, Oct 3, 12:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 9:13 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Vendor Control Room - Dead Links and 404 Errors

profotograf ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 6:44 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 10:26 PM

Hi guys,

I just tried to register myself as a new vendor and ran into something that really amazed me.  Almost every hotlink on the Vendor page, and subsequent pages for Copyright, Policies, Customers etc, all seem to link to either http://avalon2.renderosity.com/~rrmp/... or to a version of index.ez that hasn't existed since the changeover to Bondware made end of last year.

I assume that no one becomes a vendor here blindly and never has clicked on the hotlinks in over 6 months...

I wasn't able to move further in my registration as a vendor, and am wondering if no one noticed this before, or am I the first person who had attempted to become a vendor since end of year 2005?  I cannot believe that.

I'd appreciate a heads up on when I can use the registration as a new-vendor section without finding so many 404 errors - its rather disturbing considering Renderosity is one of the largest and most well known Poser product stores online.

Greetings,
ProFotograf
(Antonio Rodriguez)

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

profotograf ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 6:48 AM

just an additional thing:

MarketPlace Product Installation Guide (Poser Based Products)

This is one of the most visible links on the site, and its a dead link....

in the copyright forum and policy section the same thing happens for:
Renderosity Copyright FAQ in the copyright pages.

Just trying to figure out what I am able to do, and how to become a vendor.

ProFotograf
(Antonio Rodriguez)

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

ClintH ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 8:56 AM

Hi Antonio, Where are you clicking on these links?

In an E-Mail you received after signing up as a vendor or on a web page?

Please let me know so I can assist.

Thanks!

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

profotograf ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 1:55 PM · edited Sun, 25 June 2006 at 1:55 PM

Hi ClintH,

Pretty simple... click on the Vendor Control Room option on the menu.  If you are NOT a vendor, then you get the form to fill in with your real name, address, paypal info etc.  On this same page are links which are repeated all over Renderosity -- including at the top of this forum.  Places where you can look at the policies and how to prepare products for sale etc.  These are hotlinks on the webpages themselves.  The majority of the hotlinks (href="somewebpage") link to a page that was from the OLD version of Bondware, using index.ez and other stuff .ez which no longer exist.  This takes me or anyone who wants to know more, to a lovely page not found on server, 404 error or this page is taking too long (since its on a server with the subdomain name avalon2.renderosity.com etc...)

I clicked on other pages including the Copyright information pages, and the same issue came up there.  Apparently tons of hotlinks on various pages are coded in and have never been updated with the software changes.

I write tons of HTML code myself and know that these are tedious changes, however, in the largest Poser product store on the web that I know of, its embarrassing that a new vendor should ever get a 404 error on any helpful link that you place there in the registration pages.  And that its been this way for over 6 months (since I recall the changes to Bondware and the store was roughly 6 months ago) this should have been changed at that time, not now.  I cannot be the first person to have hit these pages like this and got a myriad of 404 errors. 

If you want me to go thru the site and list every bad link, I could do that... But I think your software pages could be globally searched for every reference to a site link starting with:

http://camelot.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewLink=328

which has a link marked: http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewLink=328

which immediately gives you a bad page.

Above I stated some other links which are all over Renderosity - some in product pages etc.  The link is consistenly the same one, linking to a page that doesn't exist - globally.

Just trying to help and make the site better.

Greetings,
ProFotograf
(Antonio Rodriguez)

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

ClintH ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 3:47 PM

Thanks..We are in the process of updating these.

Clint Hawkins

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ClintH ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 3:52 PM

"including at the top of this forum."

I'm not able to locate any broken links at the top of this forum.

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ClintH ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 3:57 PM · edited Sun, 25 June 2006 at 4:00 PM

There arent any links on the Vendor Sign up page.

"or to a version of index.ez that hasn't existed since the changeover to Bondware made end of last year."

We are still  in the process of migrating the site from ez to php and still have a lot of content over on the .ez side that is still functional.

I'm having problems finding these bad links that your talking about...

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

profotograf ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 3:00 PM

Clint,

are you looking at a completely different Renderosity than I am?

I walked you thru to exactly where the links were that I mentioned above, twice.  And they work for you?

Try using Mozilla FIREFOX the most recent version, and it will time out on any site link with either a subdomain of avalon2 or camelot on them, and a number of pages will give a page not found error.  I am not going out of my mind.  I will ask some others to look at these same pages and tell me I am seeing things.

grin

Antonio

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 3:08 PM · edited Mon, 26 June 2006 at 3:10 PM

"are you looking at a completely different Renderosity than I am?"

Sure sounds like it.

"I walked you thru to exactly where the links were that I mentioned above, twice.  And they work for you?"

Yep.

Check into this Antonio....Sounds like you might have an entry in your hosts file for Renderosity..

If your running windows check your hosts file and make sure it doesnt have an entry for Renderosity hard coded in there.

Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts

Its a text file and can be opened with notepad.

If it does - remove it and reboot your system.

Let me know...thanks!

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

profotograf ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 3:17 PM

Attached Link: Error page link to copyright URL

file_346500.JPG

OH MY GOD ... I think I have figured it out!!!

I just clicked on a link and it took me to a completely different Renderosity main page!

My menu which normally is on the right suddenly was on the left.  There is NO VENDOR CONTROL ROOM option at all...

there are in fact 2 Completely different Renderosities!!!! 

http://www.Renderosity.com/ ... etcetera...

and

http://camelot.renderosity.com/... etcetera...

Took me a bit to figure that out.  I think there actually is a third one;

http://avalon2.renderosity.com/ ... etcetera...

each one has a different version of Bondware running, using the same or similar databases, but they have different layouts options and links.

hence if you mouse over some of the options there will be a subdomain name instead of a www at the beginning.

I will email you screen snapshots with the address links in my Firefox to prove this to you.

I just knew that my straightjacket wouldn't fit just yet !!!

Greetings,
Antonio

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 3:19 PM

Are you using bookmarks? Did you check the hosts file?

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

profotograf ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 3:51 PM

I typed these in by hand... look at your email.

Antonio

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

profotograf ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 3:55 PM

hosts file is empty.... still Camelot.renderosity.com

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 4:01 PM

Right camelot is still active and is the old .ez platform that we are migrating from...It is hosting Free Stuff, Tutorials, some article content, Contests and a few other odds and ends.

The site has not been fully migrated over to PHP.

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Jepe ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 4:23 PM

Hi Clint,

Antonio asked me to help him out with the Marketplace Guidelines, but I also couldn't get any documents out of the links provided on the product upload page - all ez. link that are not actally working.

It really would be helpful if you could say where to get them from?

Thanks in advance,

Jepe

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 4:33 PM

Attached Link: http://camelot.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewStory=282

Select Selling Product on the side bar. (link Attached)

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 4:37 PM

Ah - Now I understand...Thanks Jepe.

Its on the Product Upload page. I'm correcting the links now.  👍

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 4:39 PM · edited Mon, 26 June 2006 at 4:41 PM

Ok - All fixed.

Thanks for the help guys....the links are now corrected on the Product Upload page.

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 4:59 PM

Copyright page links have been corrected.

Thanks again!

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.