Tue, Oct 22, 2:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Poses Preferences Question-Girls & Guns

Don ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2006 at 1:32 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:29 AM

Based on my collaborations with firearms modelers I find that most people request shooting poses for Victoria and other female models moreso than for Michael and other males. I am somewhat surprised. My questions is this, do you all prefer realistic, fighting poses for the ladies, or do you all want the sexy, pin-up, cheescake type poses? Thanx for any input. -3Don

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2006 at 2:32 PM

they're both over-used IMVHO. perhaps they'd like a third choice. to be honest, I dunno what it would be, as the two things you mentioned are always gonna get the most views.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2006 at 4:37 PM

why not both?

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2006 at 4:49 PM

Guns aren't  "sexy",  so I prefer realistic ones such as you would see for police officers/detectives or criminals. 

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2006 at 10:11 PM

my poser firearms are used by my poser males

hope that helps !

Eternal Hobbyist

Phantast ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 5:31 PM

Quote - Guns aren't  "sexy",  so I prefer realistic ones such as you would see for police officers/detectives or criminals. 

Actually, there is such a thing as gun fetishism ...

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 7:43 PM

i like both realistic and pinup. love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 7:53 PM

file_344955.jpg

i like both realistic and pinup. love esther

lmckenzie ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 1:29 AM

Google "girls and guns", 38,000+ hits.  It's a popular fetish - Eros and Thanatos ...  Lara Croft would be naked without her magnums.  I like both types but there's a dearth of realistic firearms poses so I'd vote for the latter.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 2:42 AM

I find I prefer the pinup pics which at least make the girls look as if they know how to use a gun. And, apart from actual firing stances, there are some differences between armies in how they carry their guns in the field, "tactical" but not imminent combat.

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 9:54 AM

I find poses for rifles some of the hardest to do. It's very difficult to get the left hand round to grip the thing correctly. I guess that with a real human the arm stretches a bit in a way that a Poser figure doesn't.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 1:29 PM

phan, stick to hip-shooting poses, and bob's yer uncle. however, the pros tend to frown on that, like when one is at a firing range shooting from the hip, they'll come up and tell one to shape up and use a proper stance :lol: but as far as poser users, I reckon they'll prefer hip-shooting poses any day.

aslaksen ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 7:38 PM

I like them "Poser realisitic". :-)

As realistic as she can look in high heels.

Thanks!

H

soulhuntre ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 4:10 PM

Quote - Guns aren't  "sexy"

Then you're not using them right :)

Don ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 4:47 PM

Streeet Fighter for V3 with auto weapons coming soon. Stay tuned to this station...

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 6:38 PM

Don, you are my hero!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.