Wed, Oct 9, 6:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Ladies & Gentlemen: The basic Morph Manager for Mac!

MartinC ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 8:47 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 1:11 AM

Attached Link: http://www.soft-rabbit.com (NEW SITE)

Hello, it took an awful long time, but I'm finally happy to announce the release of "Poser Maconstructor", the basic MorphManager for Macintosh. For those of you who are familiar with Mason's MorphManager for the PC, it turned out to be quite a different tool. While the PC utility offers a lot of features for editing library files, morphs and meshes, the initial version 1.0 does not touch any of these territories (yet) except for for pure morph juggling. Having said that, it is pretty close to the perfect morph copier/mover Mac people asked for quite a long time... Maconstructor allows to open any number of library files at once, and copies any selected set of morphs to as many targets as you like with very few clicks - turning morph-copying to a whole batch of existing files into a simple task. It directly opens all .cr2, .hr2, .pp2 and .pz3 files, and includes support for multiple figures/props, plus body morphs. You are perfectly free to move/copy/delete anything around your files while all changes stay temporarily until you save the results. If you like, you can even copy morphs into specific figures of a .pz3, or copy them between figures of the same file. Finally, it assists you in picking up the right morphs by checking their compatibility against the destination figure and showing their state before you have to copy them. This is a convenient place to say a very big "thank you" to Mason - I've been in touch with him last year discussing a direct port of his tool to Macintosh. Although he generously offered his code and assistance, it soon turned out to be virtually impossible, because his code relied on a framework source not available on Mac - and porting anything out of it is a bit like shifting the main escalator of a skyscraper 10 feet to the left... it *could* be done, but you end up cheaper if you build a new house... :-) It's a bit sad that it took such a long time to write a new tool from scratch, but anyhow - here it is... Poser Maconstructor 1.0 is available now from my website, which has moved to a new location - please bookmark the new URL: http://www.soft-rabbit.com/ It is also available in the FunStuff > Utilities section. Yours, MartinC

kozaburo ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 10:02 AM

Thank you very much!!!, MartinC --- Kozaburo

mikes ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 10:40 AM

You will certainly get a Nobel Prize for doing this!

flamethedog ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 11:23 AM

Many many many thanks.

willf ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 12:05 PM

It looks like this will be a very useful tool, no more deleting unwanted morphs in the heiarchy window (sloooow). No more text editing (now Ghostofmacbeth dosn't have to worry about text files in BBEdit). Thanks for all your hard work on this, it is well appreciated.

Mason ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 12:18 PM

Wow! Great! Nice to see a tool for the mac.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 12:29 PM

Yep ... Less text editing :) And it is cool. I have used it and it even saves space for those people that had a bunch of morphs that you didn't want to transfer over one by one.

Jaager ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 12:31 PM

This fills a big need, as you know. It is all the more important with PPP. If I understand it correctly, raw morph obj files are not useful with PPP. Morphs can now be provided in carrier CR2 files and be usable by Mac as well as PC users. A major resource tool. Much praise to due you.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 12:56 PM

Thank you very much Martin. It is much appreciated!

JimX ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 4:40 PM

Fantastic!!!! Many, many thanks, Martin. - JimX

Geekholder ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 5:50 PM

Awesome! Thank you very much.

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 11:37 PM

The Mt. Rushmore of Poser, Martin. I've said it before. They're probably already carving your face into the hill...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.