Sat, Aug 3, 12:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Transfer the Animated File from Poser to Bryce (frustrated) #%#@##$#@%

bitch ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 1999 at 1:04 AM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 6:00 AM

I have been trying to transfer the animated file from Poser 4 to Bryce 4. Bryce 4 won't accept the animated file but only will accept the separated file of each frame in Wavefront (OBJ) in Poser 4. Do anyone know of a secret hint how I can transfer the animated file to Bryce 4 and RayDream ?

Chris ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 1999 at 6:56 AM

You cant import an amimation file into Bryce 4 (dont know if it works in RDS). I think MC is working on a plugin for it (or not?). Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

SewerRat ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 1999 at 8:34 AM

Well a while ago there was word of a plugin for this coming, then everyone went quiet, waiting waiting. It still hasn't happened, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed SewerRat

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 1999 at 11:59 AM

Yeah what gives? I had heard something like that. Isn't it possible to take a path in poser and attach it to a figure which you then bring into Bryce and allow to walk the path independent of bryce? Sorta like if I created an environment...Oh I don't know like say "Molten Lava" and had made a poser walk a 250 frame path in Poser 4...then imported it over to Bryce...so that the poser ..we can call him "Louie"...could walk along his path (created in poser) but within the "molten lava" environment created in Bryce. Hmm....maybe that won't work...but what about creating an AVI and bringing it into Bryce as an animated background? Is THAT possible? Perhaps "Louie" would prefer to walk the path like that instead of actually BEING on the lava? PAN~ My mind is truly just not there...

SewerRat ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 1999 at 8:57 PM

Yes, the only way I know is to either import multiple objects each at a slightly different position, or add in the animation with post-work, frame by frame If the camera doesn't need to move, you could probably render the bryce scene and use it as a background in poser, but then you won't have shadows etc. and the figure can't walk into the scene Pity bryce can't export something that can be imported into poser, kinda like a canoma scene, that would be almost as good as exporting a poser animation to bryce SewerRat

bitch ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 1999 at 4:56 AM

We need to speak out to get the plug ins!

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 1999 at 8:10 AM

We needs ta speak out and git some darn tootin' patches for POSER 4 is what we need! I'm still upset about that bogus DPI issue! Makes you think you're making a high dpi render when in reality it's always doing 72 dpi! MADNESS! As for that export/import business...it's so true....Like adobe illustrator compliments adobe photoshop...so should bryce and poser and raydream work side by side...hand by hand...as one happy family. The only thing I can see as being the reason for their not being compatible is that perhaps the "bryce" creation team is not entirely compatible with the "poser" creation team and so it's showing in the software? PAN~

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.