Fri, Sep 20, 2:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Character Creation Save Question...

Techyman ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 12:56 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:18 AM

I know this has been asked before, but I've run several searches and none of the results are what I'm looking for. Here's the situation,  I've loaded V3 into P6.  I've used the morphs to modify the face and body.  I've added clothing (conforming) and adjusted everything to fit.  I've gotten the hair to fit.  And, lastly, I've gotten the textures perfect.  Now, is there a way to save all of this to a character or a mat file so that I can load this character into other projects with just the click (or maybe a couple of clicks) of the mouse.  I would appreciate anybody pointing me to a tutorial or a specific thread.

Thanks in advance.

Gora ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 1:28 AM

Just load your complete character, into an empty scene, open you library palette, after selecting her, and click the + option on the base of the palette. If the hair youre using is a figure, instead of a prop, itll then ask you if you want to save it as multiple or single figure, select multiple, and poser will save it with a thumbnail into the library.

So when youve set up a scene in future you can either load her from the very begining, or if you have old saved project files, just select another figure, open the library, select your new figure, and  use the  check option at the bottom.... poser with ask you want to replace the current figure in your scene with the new one... select yes and any of the other options, and  wallah....

"If toast
always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what
happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"

Steven Wright

jonthecelt ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 9:34 AM

The other way to do it would be to save your character as a normal Poser scene, and then use the 'merge' option in the file menu to bring it into any new scenes you wanted her in.

jonthecelt

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 1:15 PM

I do as Gora says all the time, especially if I'm working on a story where I need the same character in different scenes!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Techyman ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 10:53 PM

Thanks for the info!

I'm on my way to try it now.

jonthecelt ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 1:34 AM · edited Fri, 30 June 2006 at 1:34 AM

Note to self: when I said 'merge', obviously(!) I meant the import option, which allows you to bring in separate poser scenes!!! :)

jonthecelt

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.