Thu, Sep 19, 3:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Teaser about Vue 6 on e-on's website !

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 2:47 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:16 PM

Attached Link: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue6/

Did you see those clouds ?!

Djeser ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 3:01 PM

Cross posted with ya, Agiel; I was drooling over them!!

Sgiathalaich

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 3:06 PM

Yeah :) For once I get the scoop while it is still a little warm :)

I can't wait to see the announced list of improvements.

Djeser ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 3:08 PM · edited Fri, 30 June 2006 at 3:18 PM

Yeah; I was too busy running the animation over and over, lol!

A bit more info is included in the latest e-on software newsletter, which you can find here.

Sgiathalaich

Traligill ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 5:34 PM · edited Fri, 30 June 2006 at 5:34 PM

can you tell me what 'Spectral Atmosphere model' means.  I am not too  bright when it comes to the terminology:)?

thanks Susan

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 5:58 PM

It means clouds with percentages of water vapor and turbulence as in rain storms.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Garic ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 6:10 PM

It says if you buy Vue 5 now you'll get Vue 6 for free. Will current V5I owners get the same treatment??

Traligill ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 6:25 PM

Thanks Shonner:)!!!!!   Sounds great:)

DotPainter123 ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 6:37 PM

The spectral atmosphere model also refers to sunlight and how it scatters within the atmosphere and clouds by determining how colors are produced by various factors like density, moisture,  atmospheric curvature, light angle, etc.  This is different from the old model, which was mainly    determined by fog, haze and light decay.  The problem with that model is that the sky color was directly generated from the haze and fog effects.  In reality all 3 are somewhat separate, since each volume effect has its own set of physical characteristics that determines how light scatters within it.

Traligill ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 6:57 PM

Thanks DotPainter123, that sounds even better!!!!!!

CobraEye ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 7:56 PM

I would be happy if clouds casted shadows which as of right now they don't which is odd.

Cheers ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 7:57 PM

Quote - It says if you buy Vue 5 now you'll get Vue 6 for free. Will current V5I owners get the same treatment??

Probably not, but then again, it's not unusual...most, if not all software manufacturers do this kind of promotion pre release.

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

Cheers ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 8:11 PM

I will just add a cautionary note "one pre-beta demo, does not an application make".

I'm sure it will be cool (sounds it), but lets hope E-on have learnt their lessons from previous releases.

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 8:12 PM

Think hurricanes.  I don't know the percentage of water in those things though.  Choppy seas with dark clouds touching the water.

So... $179 to sidegrade from Vue 5 Pro Studio to Vue 5 Infinite (and still get Vue 6 Infinite for free)?

I hope it's less than that to get Vue 6 Infinite for Vue 5 Infinite users.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

thundering1 ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 8:29 PM

Yeah, loved the clouds in the demo!
Would be nice to have a more comprehensive list of improvements/changes, but they've probably gotta save that until the last minute in case they decide to make changes or leave some things out.

Yeah, I'll be setting some money aside for the upgrade just for those clouds for animations!
-Lew ;-)

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 9:15 PM

Note also the confirmation that V6I will be 32/64 bit capable. Think of all that address space to play with.... C'mon Siggraph, c'mon Siggraph......

LMcLean ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 2:29 AM

I really really hope the renderer is improved. I own C4D but I will not be buying XStream to render since it is too expensive. I know a lot of people wanted an improved render engine. The demo movie (although short) looks good!

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 8:18 AM

My original purchase of vue was a download version of 4 esprit for I think 179, then a free upgrade to vue 5 esprit from there, then the sidegrade to vue 5 infinite from there, for a total of like only 350 or so. It was kind of remarkable.

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 10:01 AM

I left Vue in favour of Carrara5 Pro, but this Vue6 demo is really stunning. Hopefully we don't get the same troubles with Vue6, like we had with Vue5 in the beginning. The video is very promising and I like the idea of stressing my Athlon FX64 with all 8 GByte. Hopefully it is reliable and not so expensive in Europe. Let's see...

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 8:32 PM

I also tend to use carrara5pro for rendering especially for using the toonpro pluggin. However I'm so hoping that vue 6 will be able to do easy cell shading and that python will work properly with the mac. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 4:57 AM

Quote - I also tend to use carrara5pro for rendering especially for using the toonpro pluggin. However I'm so hoping that vue 6 will be able to do easy cell shading and that python will work properly with the mac. Love esther

David Burdick has been leading the campaign to get wxPython working (that's what he uses for the SkinVue 2 GUI, and it seems a lot more multi platform friendly that Tkinter) , so there is hope for the snake! No idea about changes in the shader system, but with ILM and Imageworks asking, I'm hoping we'll at least see translucence and SSS of some form....

Phantast ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 5:03 AM

The most hopeful sign is the "entirely redesigned internal architecture", which may be at last an end to the tiresome quirks that so afflict Vue. As long as it isn't a promise such as was made for Poser 5, which was also announced as being rewritten from the ground up, which was a lie.

thundering1 ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 7:03 AM

I kept wondering that myself - with the people at ILM and Imageworks giving feedback and possibly even coding to use (as both companies write their own custom tools), what would be changed altogether - much less corrected?

Not only would they be the ultimate beta-testers, they're actually capable of re-writing the program itself to fit their needs.

And the drooling begins...
-Lew ;-)

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 4:52 PM

If ILM and Imageworks contributed, my bets would be on a new memory management system that either (a)wasn't vulnerable to OpenGL dross building up, or (b) was intelligent enough to clean up after an event with reliability. That guess being also supported by the 'Ecosystems 2' label. If those Metaclouds can occlude light to create travelling shadows on the ground, and can be backlit, the door is opened up a bit for some new effects and actual weather events. Siggraph is too far away.I wanna know now, I do I do....

wakrased ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 8:07 PM

Impressive. On a side note, I think it's about time Vue supported true displacement mapping and sub-surface scattering.

Dragontales ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 9:33 PM

I personally got angry at the offer for free vue 6.  I bought vue 5 esprit, then paid the megabucks to get infinity.  Now I'll have to buy 6 as well.  I like many others were there for them before, and now we get the shaft.  I just hope the upgrade cost to 6 infinite takes all that into consideration. 

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 9:46 PM

Well Dragontales, if you've done all that already then e-on knows you will get Vue 6 even if they charge u an arm and a leg no matterr how much you complain. You're addicted. When the time comes you will be one of the first to buy it hehe. yeah i know the feeling but i'll be there right in front of u with my credit card in my hand. love esther PS and we don't even know what the new features are yet or if it will even work properly. Kind of sad really.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

thundering1 ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 10:04 PM

Dragontales - I shelled out $1,500 for the Adobe Video Prodution Suite - and TWO MONTHS LATER they came out with version2!!
No hint it was gonna happen soon. No, "hey, if you made a purchase somewhat recently..."
It's gonna cost me $1,100 to upgrade, or $1,600 to buy it outright!

Like Adobe, E-On knows they've got you - sucks, but they've got you.
(begrudgingly, mumbling curses, he pulls out his credit card and holds it forward...)

"C'mon Siggraph, c'mon Siggraph......" - right there with ya, Dale B!
-Lew ;-)

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 6:00 AM

Quote - I personally got angry at the offer for free vue 6.  I bought vue 5 esprit, then paid the megabucks to get infinity.  Now I'll have to buy 6 as well.  I like many others were there for them before, and now we get the shaft.  I just hope the upgrade cost to 6 infinite takes all that into consideration. 

-Are- we getting the shaft? Stop and think about it. This offer is =only= for those who purchase Vue5 products now.....at full price. Someone who forked out $599 for V5I and then 60 days later got slapped with a new version that demanded another $200 thereabouts to upgrade to would have reason to be angry. Those people aren't getting anything for 'free'; I paid upgrade price for my V5I, which was considerably less than what a new adopter will pay for a software package about to be obsoleted by a new release (hell's bells, I got V4Pro, V5, and V5I for less than a new adopter will pay for V5I). Anyway you slice it, the newbies are going to be paying more for V6I than us long time upgraders who take advantage of the release upgrade pricing (and e-on has to date had good prices for those upgrades/crossgrades). No one's getting anything for free; they are just being assured that they aren't going to be punished for being late to dinner.

Antycon ( ) posted Sun, 09 July 2006 at 5:35 AM

Totally agree with Dale B!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.