Tue, Oct 22, 8:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: OT: I need help finding a good screenshot program!

jhustead ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 5:52 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:30 PM

Hello my Renderosity friends,

I'm looking for a screenshot program that will work within XP. I don't know if any of these following options are available in screenshot programs but if they are, it would be cool:

• A choice of capture resolutions
  • A choice of saving options such as JPEG or a bitmap
  • A choice of other saving options such as quality of the capture and the megabyte or kilobyte size

It would be great if the program was free, but if you know of a good program that doesn't cost to much that's an option too. Thank you for your input and help. Enjoy the rest of the week and take care.

-James a.k.a. jhustead

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 5:55 PM

just Press the PRINTSCREEN button on your keyboard ..and then open Paint or photoshop etc etc etc and PASTE it ...

You dont need anything else :}

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 9:04 PM

For more control (and less hassle opening Photoshop etc.), there is also TechSmith's SnagIt.  Very versatile and I would use nothing else for things like documentation screenshots.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

manoloz ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 10:01 PM

I recommend irfanview. www.irfanview.com

still hooked to real life and enjoying the siesta!
Visit my blog! :D
Visit my portfolio! :D

SWAMP ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 12:28 AM

Attached Link: http://www.techsmith.com/default.asp?

SnagIt has many options for capture (scrolling window, time delay, video,text only, web, area selections, etc., etc.).

And saves to most image files (tiff, jpeg, png, gif, and more) plus Swf (Flash)and PDF (Acrobat).

There is a full 30 day demo available.

Trepz ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 12:16 AM

http://www.screenshot-utility.com/

This one does all you need,and it is free.Dont think it does game shots though.I use it,works great.

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

Jimdoria ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 5:18 AM

If you go to the DonationCoder website, they have a nice screenshot utility called Screenshot Captor. Technically its free, but you do get a small number of nag screens (one every six months, I think, and it only appears twice) prompting you to register by joining the site. You might want to consider it - you pay whatever you want to join, and then you get all the software they offer for free, plus a lot of other nice features. (They even have a forum where one of the programmers will code small utilities on request!) I joined a while back and it was well worth it!

Obligatory feature list:

• Optimized for taking lots of screenshots with minimal intervention.
  • Smart autonaming of files, and ability to embed textual comments in files.
  • Good multi-monitor support.
  • Highly configurable to make it work the way you want it to; stays out of your way in the system tray.
  • Lots of capture modes: Mutlimon, Desktop, Active Window, Region, Windows Object. Each mode has a hotkey for quick access.
  • Unique Cool Effects, including automatic active window enhancement (see picture on website).
  • Optional automatic image file versioning.
  • Autoscroll capture for windows too big for screen.
  • Deluxe thumbnail maker.
  • Text scraper - grab text from dialog boxes and error messages.

All that said, even though I have this program, I still tend to stick with ALT+PrintScreen to capture the window to the clipboard, then paste it into my graphics program (or IrfanView) for tweaking and saving. Old habits die hard, I guess.

• Jimdoria  ~@>@

spedler ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 9:18 AM

The other really handy thing about SnagIt is that you can set it up to take your screenshot and then upload it to a server via FTP. Really convenient not having to run a separate ftp client to upload images to your web site.

Steve

jhustead ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 6:13 PM

Cool. Thank you all for your input. I'm gonna go check out those sites now.

Have a nice weekend,

-James

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 8:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter_free.htm

Screenhunter is a good one too....there is a free version as well

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Rachel_R ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 4:31 AM

My Favorite!  I've used it for about 4 years.....HyperSnap

http://www.hypersnap-dx.com/hsdx/

HyperSnap is the fastest and easiest way to take screen captures from Windows screen, and text capture (TextSnap™) from places where normal text copy is not possible. HyperSnap combines the power of a first-class screen capture application with an advanced image editing utility - wrapped into one easy-to-use tool!

It's perfect for capturing images that you want to include in your Help system, online tutorials, manuals, training handouts, presentations, marketing materials, Web pages, emails and more. Use HyperSnap to quickly share a picture-perfect representation of anything on your screen.

HyperSnap is versatile and extremely easy-to-use. You can quickly customize menus and toolbars to fit your needs. Assign your own keyboard shortcuts, create instant toolbars, and even control HyperSnap with voice commands!

Top Features

• New in ver. 6 TextSnap™ feature to capture editable text from almost anywhere on the screen, when running under Windows 2000, XP or newer. Starting from ver. 6.10 can also capture tab-delimited data for easy paste into MS Excel.
  • New & powerful image capture, editing, annotation and  manipulation tools.
  • Snags also those difficult-to-grab screens from DirectX™ and Glide™ games.
  • Image stamps, frames, drop shadow, free-hand capture, FTP server uploads, more!
  • Automatic color substitution!
  • Non-rectangular window capture!
  • Button Capture  - perfect for professional technical writers who need to snap and document dozens of buttons!
  • Auto-scrolls and concurrently captures long web pages and other. documents, enabling it to grab more than is visible on the screen.
  • Tightly integrates with the MS Windows clipboard to automate repetitive tasks - will even automatically PASTE capture images where needed!
  • Automatically saves your captures to graphics files.
  • Doubles as effective image viewer, format converter (over 20 image formats supported).
  • Fully customizable user interface. Rearrange menus and toolbars any way you want, assign any keyboard shortcuts you like, tear off menus to create instant toolbars, even control HyperSnap with voice commands!
  • Extended Window Capture function when running on Windows XP® . Resizes a window to be much bigger than the screen before the capture - in one quick step, no auto-scrolling!
  • Much, much more!

Lucca ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 4:37 PM

Quote - I recommend irfanview. www.irfanview.com

I second that. It is both very easy to use and very good for on-the-fly picture editing. However, it can't be used to paint anything.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 6:14 PM

Quote - > Quote - I recommend irfanview. www.irfanview.com

I second that. It is both very easy to use and very good for on-the-fly picture editing. However, it can't be used to paint anything.

I third that...LOL!!

My Facebook Page

Mystic-Nights ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 9:46 PM

Attached Link: http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

Here's another one, it's Freeware

MWSnap

jhustead ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 2:50 PM

Thanks again.

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 8:11 PM

I am fond of Irfanview and highly recommend it as well. ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.