Mon, Jul 8, 1:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 7:10 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: On Our Galleries..'set up' comment

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 7:39 AM · edited Sun, 08 October 2023 at 10:45 AM

*I have a comment about the way the personal gallery is set up. I don't like that it logs the last item viewed. I think it should log the last item you COMMENTED ON! If I pop in to look at something then I comment, it means that it moved me or struck a chord. But if you pop in to look and are not inclined to comment...it replaces things that you viewed that did make an impact, those are the pics that you want others to know that you were impressed or intrigued by (if you are going by the premise that your taste means something to someone else, or why else have this in there?). Does anyone else think this is so? It was just a thought.
Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 8:28 AM

Good thought Ariana, there was something that bugged me about last item and that is indeed it...I as well feel it should be the last item  *Commented * on...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 2:34 PM

Personally, I feel the entire concept is a complete waste of time.  It only adds burden to an already over-stressed and buggy web site.  If I find an artist or image to be outstanding, I'll add he, she or it to my favorites.  I don't need to be reminded of what I just viewed; my memory is still free of Alzheimer's.

Add a feature button to turn it off, Por Favor!  Less is more, ALWAYS!  ALWAYS!  ALWAYS!  We need no stinking recently viewed!

So instead of adding useless features like recently viewed, why not focus on the critical issues at hand, like broken links (clicking on a member's gallery and being taken to the What's New gallery instead), missing images in the forums, and the remaining and painful .ez pages on the cameltoe à l'pearce (still LMAO!) server which needs to be taken out back and shot in the head by an intoxicated Dick Cheney.  It was next to impossible to vote on the MOM and AOM this time around because of the lack of performance on that server, and also because there was no readily apparent link to the voting area.  I saw at least a half-dozen posts asking where the hell it was.

Yes, I know, you're working on all of this.  But this has been a struggle for what now seems like forever and a month of Sundays.

One other gripe I have: a lack of notification when links change.  Why this isn't posted on this forum is beyond me.  Simple communication would result in far less inquires about why people cant' find anything when clicking on a bookmark within their browser.

Stepping off my soap box.  I'll leave it behind in case someone else needs it :)

Have a great (and safe) extended holiday, everyone!  But not YOU, Nic.  I want you to work ALL WEEKEND and fix this crap!  LOL! (j/k - you could probably use some time off!)

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 2:35 PM

Quote - Those are the  pics that you want others to know that you were impressed or intrigued by

The thing is, is that nobody else can see what you have viewed,  so the  members images you looked at, wont be known  to them, or anyone else regardless....

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

vikinglady ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2006 at 12:40 PM

Quote - Add a feature button to turn it off, Por Favor!

I suggest default 'Off' in "My Options".

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.