Sun, Sep 15, 11:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 7:30 pm)

Subject: Link for STOMP

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 10:35 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 11:45 PM

Can someone please post the link to the STOMP program?  I've lost my bookmarks.

Thanks in advance.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 11:05 AM

Attached Link: stomp

here is the one i found in the forums

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 11:06 AM · edited Sat, 27 May 2006 at 11:17 AM

Attached Link: the thread it was in.

in case someone wants to know what stomp is.

Spanki ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 11:07 AM

Here ya go... Stomp, Stomp

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

Spanki ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 11:07 AM · edited Sat, 27 May 2006 at 11:09 AM

Heh.. beat me to it :).  Your thread link is wrong though (it's another link to the file).

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 11:18 AM

Quote - Heh.. beat me to it :).  Your thread link is wrong though (it's another link to the file).

DOH!

fixed it.

richardson ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 11:28 AM

Stumped on Stomp Yo spanki! Your little prog did not come with stomp for dummies. If one wants but to check for fragmented files, is there a little tiny tut somewhere? I'm sure I missed it,,

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 11:38 AM · edited Sat, 27 May 2006 at 11:40 AM

file_343328.jpg

1. Save a copy of your .obj file in another directory. 2. Open Stomp 3. Open the .obj file in your geometries folder 4. Save it back out into the same folder, using the same name.

Here is the picture of the settings you save with.

Thanks for posting the link :) 

richardson ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 11:43 AM

Thanks Acadia, spanki didn't have to suffer the indignation of my question..;)

Spanki ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 11:54 AM

Thanks, yes, Acadia covered the basics.  I mostly wrote the program as a mesh viewer and to mirror meshes with - the defragmenting is really just a side-affect of the better method I use for writing out .obj files (specifically, in this case, Sorting by Materials).

I'm actually working on a 'Pro' version of the program that has some added functionality. It's specifically geared towards optimizing .obj files, removing duplicate or unused UVs, Normals and Verts, along with the Facet sorting found in STOMP (but again with some improvments) and allowing the decimal precision used (number of digits to the right of the decimal written) for the floating point values.

richardson ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 12:12 PM

I'll be waiting for that update,, Hopefully, STOMP will lower my (sometimes) 75 second "adding objects"...window in P6. And the occassional seizures. Thanks

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 7:04 PM

Okay I'm game just what is this program used for? And how does it save seconds in the adding objects window in P6?

My Facebook Page

pleonastic ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 7:15 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2228908

it defragments obj files.  follow the attached link for the thread going into detail on why fragmenting slows down the loading of objects in poser.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 7:18 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2228908&page=1

> Quote - Okay I'm game just what is this program used for? And how does it save seconds in the adding objects window in P6?

Grab a coffee and some popcorn and have a look at that thread.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 7:26 PM

C'est magnifique !  Merci!!

My Facebook Page

Rubbermatt ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 2:18 PM

Unfortunately, because of the recent site downgrades, all that is available is a nice 404 error

Any chance of an updated link please?

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 2:28 PM · edited Tue, 04 July 2006 at 2:31 PM

Here you go:  STOMP

Rubbermatt ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 2:36 PM

Many thanks, lost my old copy in the confusion of a system rebuild
Well not so much as lost as misplaced, it's definitely on a hard drive I just can't remember which one, nor which computer it's been installed in

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.