Mon, Sep 9, 4:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Landscape materials

Phantast ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 5:29 AM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 11:08 AM

Following on from the thread on textures, does anyone know of sites that have good collections of landscape materials for Vue? I'm still fairly baffled by how to use the function editor to advantage, and I'd like to see what other people have come up by way of procedural materials for terrains.

Irish ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 7:30 AM

Attached Link: ImageAfter

Try Image After - they have tons of great photos - using your graphics editor (mine happens to be Photo Impact), you can select a portion, crop it so it's seamless and have lovely landscaping textures and combining them with others, gives lots of good results.

I also use my digital camera and take a lot of my own.

:)
Irene

Phantast ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 12:02 PM

I'm thinking more along the lines of procedural ones that are sensitive to altitude, slope, etc, like the handful that e-on provide.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 1:00 PM

Have you looked in Vue FreeStuff at the top of this page in the banner?

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 2:04 PM

Great link irish...i just spent far too much time there...LOL

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

MRX3010 ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 7:03 PM

The function editor is an amazing tool, even by just experimenting with it you can get some great results.  I am amazed at it.

BernieStafford ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 5:47 AM

There are materials for sale at C3D, and Monsoon has some excellent collections for sale over at 3DCommune.  H2oDog also has some as I recall.

Don't know of any free ones though ... ... ...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.