Wed, Oct 2, 3:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Need very very simple question answered

G-MUNKY ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 11:01 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 1:26 AM

Lets say I make a simple box, and I want to duplicate that shape, I try copy and paste and it doesn't work.

How would I take one shape and duplicate it without having to make another?

I know, stupid question. but its driving me crazy!

Thanks

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 11:07 PM

If it's just a box and it doesn't have any moving parts, you can always save it as a prop and then load it again.

Just make sure, when you save it, you select the sub-sets so that all sides are saved.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

G-MUNKY ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 11:13 PM

Perfect,, thank you

geep ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 3:55 PM · edited Tue, 04 July 2006 at 3:56 PM

Hi G-Munky,

You might want to try this, also.

1. Select the object.

2. Open the Grouping Tool.

3. Make a "New Group" named ....... (whatever you want to call it)

4. "Add All"

5. "Create Prop" named ....... (whatever you want to call it)

6. Exit Grouping Tool

Walla!!! ............. prop duplicated exactly ... but ... you'll need to move it to see it.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

KDoug ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 7:28 PM

Copy & paste in Poser doesn't work the way you would expect (considering the way most programs work, anyway). Instead of copying and pasting objects, it's for copying and pasting settings. For example, if you wanted to have one object positioned the same way as another, you could copy the position settings from one object to the other. You can also use it for copying and pasting morph settings, as long as both of your figures have the morphs that you want to use.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.