Mon, Sep 9, 5:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: P6, Daz cyclorama, IBL lights and AO...you got to see this

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 12:49 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 7:41 AM

file_347038.jpg

Anyone else ever had this happen? This was the first time I had used the cyclorama in P6. The only thing I can gather from this is I might want to turn the "Visible in Raytracing" off on the planes next time I render. I thing the planes that are in cyclorama are causing this.  This is one IBL with AO set a 0.30.  The last time I had something looking like this was some jewelry and unchecking the box visible in raytracing took care of it. What do you think?

Micheál

My Facebook Page

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 1:11 PM

file_347042.jpg

Yup that is what I had to do. But instead of unchecking the box "visible in raytracing" for the planes I had to check the box for the cyclorama itself.

Micheál

My Facebook Page

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 11:38 PM

But what happened to the girl?  Looks like she disappeared, instead of the background.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Darboshanski ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2006 at 7:51 AM

Quote - But what happened to the girl?  Looks like she disappeared, instead of the background.
DPH

She had a really important appointment over at RM and couldn't stay for the second half of the shoot.

Micheál

My Facebook Page

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2006 at 9:42 AM · edited Mon, 03 July 2006 at 9:43 AM

Too bad, I was hoping to catch her phone number. ;-)
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

rty ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 9:14 AM

Actually it isn't the cyclorama, but the AO which comes with IBL (IMHO). When using AO you get the same problem with any objects having big flat surfaces (though I have to admit I newer saw it that strong!..) For instance I get it all the time on Stonemason's sceneries. Poser bug.

To fix it, raise the Shadow Biais, and check by making local renders on the problems zone(s) till the problem dissapears. AO will look a little less good, but short of rendering 2 versions and patching problem zones in Postwork there is no know (to me) solution.

StormChild69 ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 10:37 PM

Not to be a dunce, but what is AO?

rty ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 5:14 AM

Ambient Occlusion, a way of faking shadows resulting of two surfaces being close together. One of Poser 6's new features.

IBL (Image Based Lighting) can only use AO, since it isn't really a light (rather an algorythm of illuminating pixels), and thus cannot cast shadows.
Poser 6's new features all have long names people don't want to type...  :-D

ynsaen ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 9:34 AM

Quote - Actually it isn't the cyclorama, but the AO which comes with IBL (IMHO). When using AO you get the same problem with any objects having big flat surfaces (though I have to admit I newer saw it that strong!..) For instance I get it all the time on Stonemason's sceneries. Poser bug.

To fix it, raise the Shadow Biais, and check by making local renders on the problems zone(s) till the problem dissapears. AO will look a little less good, but short of rendering 2 versions and patching problem zones in Postwork there is no know (to me) solution.

Its not a bug.  The same effect exists in most applications (including high end) when working at the same scale. Not a bug, a function of scale and execution.

That's how it works (as a function of AO).  If the scale were greater the effect would diminish to some extent, and then the shadow bias (which is there to affect how shadows, inclusive of AO operate) is used to tune it.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.