Mon, Jul 8, 12:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 7:10 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Homepages are now converted....

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 2:26 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 12:42 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php

The Homepage conversion is now complete so you can  now Manage your entire homepage at the link attached.

Thanks

vince3 ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 2:51 PM

cool the comments left when adding an image to your faves has appeared!!!!!!!!!!!! was wondering something though!!! i gave someone the link to for my gallery!!, to test whether they could see it or not (couldn't sometimes before if you had nudity or violence checked!!) but when they looked it apparentely was saying "vince3 in online now" so wondered if they are logged in as me by using that gallery link (bottom of gallery link) i tried it myself later and it said "welcome vince3" but when i moved to the galleries i had to then log in!!!!(so it looks like it might still require someone to know your password to then be you!!!but would like confirmation of this please!!!) and wondered whether if they link to my gallery then leave without clicking "logout" whether my status shows that I am on line!!! which would cause confusion for the instant messaging thingy!!!!

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 3:08 PM

Vince,

If you give someone your gallery direct link that is at the bottom of your gallery page, they do not get logged in as you. I just double checked it by logging out, copying and pasting your URL and getting to your direct gallery, I was a visitor the whole time. You can't "browse" the main galleries without being a member but you can go to direct galleries with the correct link. They can see all your full images as well.

Hope this helps

Thanks

vince3 ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 3:16 PM

thanks for that Stacey!!!! was just getting an alarm bell ringing!! thinking someone could be me(or someone else) for commenting and or get access to the marketplace as me (or someone else)!!! so thanks for checking for me,and clearing that worry up(phew!!)!!!!!!!!!!

vikinglady ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 6:14 PM

Where is the photo I had loaded?  And the text, also?

Any way to retrieve the renderosity url for the photos previously loaded?  Or have to clutter the server by uploading the same image again?

Confused by empty boxes,

VikingLady

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 6:31 PM

Hmmm. Well did you have it in the member "bio" portion or the top portion?  The member bio's aren't there as I thought they were so I've asked the programmer to take a look but haven't heard back yet.

My picture and top portion text is there but the "bio" portion I had is not there either.

Bez ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 6:48 PM

I checked my home page and it appears I haven't checked it since 12/31/69.....1969???  I was 13 and still at school....hehe. Boy, that was a good few years ago :) Still, nice to have the Homepage back again, and I will try to check in more often :)

Bez

vikinglady ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 7:24 PM

StaceyG,

Pulling up saved html of old homepage.

VL

Giolon ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 7:33 PM · edited Thu, 06 July 2006 at 7:37 PM

Looks good, Stacey!   A couple things:

The singled "Featured Image" set in the gallery options is not showing up.  The "Addtional 3

Featured Images" show up as "Recent Uploads" on the Homepage.  Perhaps, since these are selectable they should be titled "Featured Images", since they could be just old images the artist wants to show off. :)

Edit:  I would love to see some of the content from the "Summary" pages make it to the artist homepages, i.e. the "Most Recently Uploaded" image and the last 6 uploaded images as shown on the Summary page, in addition to what's on the current homepages.  That page has such a nice format, it's a shame we can't share it with anyone.  Also, I feel like the wishlists should be moved down to the bottom of the homepage to put more of an emphasis on the art when first arriving.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 7:41 PM

Giolon,

Thanks for the comments, I have passed them on to the programmers

vikinglady ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 7:52 PM

vikinglady [ Manage  Page Title/Body ]** ⇒** They are now awaiting new homes. Born March 16, 2006.

Bio [ Manage Bio ] I am an amature at CG. Have dabbled with JPSP and MS Paint for 4 plus years. Like Terragen and Apophysis.

This is what I have archived.  ⇒ = photo.  Had changed original photo of the Guinea Pigs to the first fractal I ever CG'd.

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 8:52 PM

Stacey?

The new homepages won't be showing our store items or free items anymore?

And it looks like I'm gonna have to re-add some favorites because where I used to have a thumb for them, it's still showing the little x in a box and no way to take that out. Only option is to remove the artists themselves. sigh

Janet

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 9:05 PM

Hold tight on this Unicornst..let me find out for sure before you do anything, k?

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 9:11 PM

Okie-dokie. I'll hold tight if it saves me having to redo my favs.

Thanks Stacey!!!!

vikinglady ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 12:09 AM

StaceyG and interested parties,

This is what is currently sitting on camelot server homepage:

My very first Apophysis image.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 12:11 AM

Thank you :) 

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 12:13 AM

Quote - StaceyG and interested parties,

This is what is currently sitting on camelot server homepage:

There is a homepage? What's the link?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

vikinglady ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 12:47 AM · edited Fri, 07 July 2006 at 12:48 AM

Quote - > Quote - StaceyG and interested parties, This is what is currently sitting on camelot server homepage:

There is a homepage? What's the link?

Your's: http://camelot.renderosity.com/homepage.ez?Who=Acadia

Mine: http://camelot.renderosity.com/homepage.ez?Who=vikinglady 

These are the original homepages.

Goodnight,              VikingLady

Amaranth ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 2:43 AM

Hi Stacey,

I got a question, will the links to our free items and our storefront return ?

Anita

Amaranth3D

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 9:24 AM

Will the links to our free items and our storefront return ?

Yes.
(crossing my fingers that it's soon!)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Amaranth ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 9:43 AM

wooohoo ty, crossing my fingers and toes (never know it may help) too !

Amaranth3D

ramhernan ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 9:04 PM

Looking good indeed!

Thanks Stacey and Karen to keep us with the latest updates.

Well since the majority of the big bugs are almost plain dead, let me show you some minor demons, lol

**Links section (left band)  where states "My gallery" there are a misslink cause it dont points to my gallery, it ponts to my summary ( a very easy fix)

***Into the user profile there are no link for the vendor store, in case that user is a vendor as well, and is a real big turn around to get that vendor's store.

***This one is oldie but i think that is important. The account page ( the one where all our buyed products resides) is a bit criptic cause it just show the Order No., yes we can choose to item list, but when we try to find a specific vendor, the drop down shows the entire vendor universe and not just the ones we already buy something, would be great to have here a much smaller universe.

Thanks in advance for you time and input

Cheers

Ramón

If it looks as mere real life, then it don't worth the effort.

AdamWright ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2006 at 5:03 AM

Now that I can't access my old Homepage, I can't get to my File Locker.  Where is the link to get there on the new Homepage?

Adam

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2006 at 5:20 AM

Attached Link: http://camelot.renderosity.com/homepage.ez?Who=AdamWright

Hi Adam, you can still access the File Locker from your old homepage, as it hasn't been converted yet. The "Manage File Locker" link is about 2/3 of the way down the page. (You can also access your file locker by clicking on Free Stuff or Tutorials in the header, and then you can use the drop down menus on the sidebar.)

Hi Ramon, I will post to the programmers about points 1 and 3. Point 2 should be resolved during the conversion process (and I for one can't wait! LOL)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Shoshanna ( ) posted Sun, 09 July 2006 at 5:40 AM · edited Sun, 09 July 2006 at 5:44 AM

Hi guys,

Got a couple of questions about the homepage on the new site.

Will things like the guest book, page views & stats be moved over?

Can't seem to find them on the new page although they are still there on the camelot version.

Thanks,

Shanna

ps. Not homepage related but there seems to be no way to see if any staff are online any more.

Is that correct?

StaceyG ( ) posted Sun, 09 July 2006 at 11:01 AM

Hi Shoshanna (how have you been girl?)

I will check with the programmers about these items to see when/if they will be brought over.

Thanks

Shoshanna ( ) posted Sun, 09 July 2006 at 3:20 PM · edited Sun, 09 July 2006 at 3:22 PM

Thanks Stacey - how are you doing yourself?

I' ve been spending the summer pigging out on rasperries & strawberries I've grown in the back yard so I'm very happy indeed apart from not having enough to do :-)

Looks like you lot have been keeping busy:-)

I've got to go scare my camera & get myself a picture now the sites gone all posh.

Really like being able to see post views & counts btw - nice improvement.

Shanna

StaceyG ( ) posted Sun, 09 July 2006 at 5:00 PM

Oooh that sounds good Shoshanna:)

According to the programmers to answer your original question (below)

We will eventually have the guest book moved over.  The page views and stats will not be at this time since that adds to the database issues by updating the member table everytime a homepage is visited.  We may have to reconsider the architecture behind the homepages before we can utilize stats again.

Hope this helps.

Giolon ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 3:59 PM

Hi Stacey,

Is there anything on the single primary "Featured Image" not showing up anywhere and/or the renaming of "Recent Uploads" to "Featured Images" or something more appropriate?

¤~Giolon~¤

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 5:27 PM

Hmmm.. Let me ask okay Giolon. I'll get back to ya

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 10:46 PM

book mark

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Giolon ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 11:11 PM · edited Wed, 12 July 2006 at 11:16 PM

Wooo!  hey stacey, the primary "Featured Image' is up there now! =D  It looks great!  I still have a couple suggestions:

I think the "Wishlist' should be further down the page, like at the bottom with favorite merchants.  Do we want to focus on what people want to buy before we show their art???

Also, the addtional 3 featured images are still titled "Recent Uploads".  This can be misleading if artists have selected older images to fill these three slots, so they are not necessarily recent.  Maybe title it "Spotlight" or "Featured Images".

Finally, I think it'd be great to get that little summary and mini-image of the "Most Recently Uploaded Image" portion of the private "My Summary" page onto the homepage.

Great job you guys!  This new site layout is really coming together.

¤~Giolon~¤

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 11:20 PM

If I'm not mistaken (i'll ask Nicholas tomorrow) but the Featured Image is one you will select from your gallery to feature and the recent uploads is just that, the three most recent uploads to the gallery from you. I don't think you can select what those recent uploads are, they will just be your newest three. I may be wrong about that but I'll find out.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 11:22 PM

Okay I just went and looked at the gallery options and you are correct it is a little confusing. I was thinking you would have only one option to add a featured image and the other three would be automatically placed as your most recent uploads but I see you can select those three images as well so it is a little different than I thought. I will talk to Nicholas and see what we can do here.

Giolon ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 11:25 PM

cool beans, Stacey. :)  I must say again, visiting my homepage to see my "Featured Image" blazened across half of it was great :)

¤~Giolon~¤

firestorm ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 2:25 AM

Is the "Articles" feature still supported in the new homepage?...I cannot find a way to access mine.

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

StaceyG ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 11:15 AM

Attached Link: http://camelot.renderosity.com/homepage.ez?Who=firestorm

Hi firestorm,

The articles are still over on the old homepage and not sure about the conversion of the articles over to the new homepages but I'll find out.

In the meantime the link attached is to your old homepage where you can find your article.

Thanks

firestorm ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 11:50 AM

thank you

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 8:27 PM

I still can't find where you click to change the featured image.

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

StaceyG ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 8:42 PM

Hi Lyne,

If you go to the Galleries then click My Gallery Options, you will see the space there to change/add your feature image to your homepage.

Thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.