Mon, Sep 9, 5:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 12:29 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Where's my text based newsletter?

wyrwulf ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 7:08 PM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 6:44 PM

I have it selected in my profile.

LillianH ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 9:06 PM

Hi wyrwulf,

With our new broadcast feature, we now send the same version of the newsletter to all our members.

For readers that have their email set not to display images, you can click on the link which appears at the very top of the newsletter and the newsletter will be displayed in your internet browser:

This message contains images. If you are having trouble reading it, click here.

If you have any questions, or did not receive any newsletter at all, please let me know. I'll be happy to help.

Best wishes,

Lillian

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager
By serving each other, we are free.

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 7:14 PM

And what if we do not want an html newsletter?

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 7:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2653923

You can have any format you want, so long as it's HTML.

williamsn ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 7:43 PM

Specifically, it is possible to send out HTML and Plain-text emails within one single unit, and the settings on a user's email client will dictate how it displays. If you have your email client set to display HTML, you'll see the HTML version. If you have your email client set to NOT display HTML, you'll see the alternate plain-text version. However, because of the fact that the plain text version detracts from the newsletter experience and prevents us from being able to see what percentage of members read the email and which links sections of the newsletter were more popular, etc, our "plain-text" version consists of simply a line saying something like "Your email client is set to not display HTML. To view the newsletter, please copy and poste the link [....] into your web browser.". Basically, if your email client is set to display HTML, you will see HTML. If not, you will see only a URL which you will be able to copy and paste into your browser to view the newsletter. N

-Nicholas

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 8:25 PM

Quote - However, because of the fact that the plain text version detracts from the newsletter experience ...

:crying: Oh dear.

Quote - ... and prevents us from being able to see what percentage of members read the email

I have image loading and scripts turned off, so your tracking stats may be out, but I always use the link to monthly freebie.
No need for me to load the images, as I'm pretty certain that I've seen or will see everything mentioned in the newsletter during normal browsing visits and the text is sufficient to check.

I'm not expecting you to change anything, I only mentioned it originally as it appeared to be a bug.
The answer given to my original post was sufficient for me, I just thought I'd link to it to save you having to repeat it.

My impersonation of Mr. Ford was a tongue-in-cheek way of both summarising the linked thread content and a means of not saying "See linked thread" :tt2:

vikinglady ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 11:22 PM

I prefer to get Just the newsletter, text or html.

Was Shocked when I looked at 'My Profile' options and found this:  "Receive email newsletters, announcements, and special offers from this site? Yes  No "   Had received an unsolisited commercial from a vendor I never use about a site I will never visit.  That is how and why I discovered the change.  Will put up with having announcements.   I assume these are about Renderosity itself.   Want the Right to Refuse 'special offers' [commercials]. 

In the mean time, I changed the setting to 'No', and will suffer without any of them.

VikingLady

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2006 at 4:52 AM

**Specifically, it is possible to send out HTML and Plain-text emails within one single unit, and the settings on a user's email client will dictate how it displays. If you have your email client set to display HTML, you'll see the HTML version. If you have your email client set to NOT display HTML, you'll see the alternate plain-text version.

However, because of the fact that the plain text version detracts from the newsletter experience and prevents us from being able to see what percentage of members read the email and which links sections of the newsletter were more popular, etc, our "plain-text" version consists of simply a line saying something like "Your email client is set to not display HTML. To view the newsletter, please copy and poste the link [....] into your web browser.".

Basically, if your email client is set to display HTML, you will see HTML. If not, you will see only a URL which you will be able to copy and paste into your browser to view the newsletter.**

All of which is a rather interesting way of saying "if you don't want an HTML newsletter, eat my shorts.".

Nice...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.