Tue, Oct 22, 1:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: 2 time's on the site FYI Mod's/programmers.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2006 at 5:47 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 5:41 PM

On top of the page the time say's : 17:43 but on the messages it says 5:43....

For people outsite the time zone thats a bit confusing IMHO...

5:43 is a different time then 17:43 ..

Its not importand but it is confusing :}

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

SndCastie ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2006 at 5:55 PM · edited Mon, 03 July 2006 at 5:57 PM

Actually they are the same time one is regular the other is a 24 hr one. it is 12+ hrs and mins.in the 24 hr one which would make 5:43 the same as 17:43 (12+5+ min= 17:43) this is for the afternoon if it was 5:43 in the morning it would just say 5:43 Hope this helps

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2006 at 6:01 PM

mmm yeah i know how the 12 hour clock works but it strange that they are both on one and the same site.

Specialy for people who live outsite the USA empire.

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

pauljs75 ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2006 at 7:37 AM

Consistency would make sense, wouldn't it? (I could care less if it's 12 or 24 hr format.)

I bet part of it is that the code for those respective bits of the page were made at different times by different people.  Seems like there should more review and notation of the desired layout higher up and sooner in the pipeline so the resulting parts would match better rather than appear thrown together. (Cars don't come out of the factory with different rim styles for each wheel and doors of different colors, do they?) The coders probably don't have to work right together, but they definitely should get some guidelines that would improve the resulting "fit & finish" of their work.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2006 at 3:26 PM

Pauljs75 I think got it.

Its something they'll get around to addressing once the overall conversion is done and they can go in and clean up the little things.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.