Mon, Sep 9, 4:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Newbie with a texturing problem

igohigh ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2001 at 10:16 PM ยท edited Sun, 14 July 2024 at 3:17 PM

Attached Link: http://www.smyle.net/~igohigh/labratry/evlution.html#evetest

Hi, Just been lurking and learning. But now I have a problem I can't figure out. I am trying to make a Chain Mail texture for Anton's Valkory Armor Cape. All looks good and the transparancy came out right but at the shoulders the chain links are getting streached horribly. I tried using the UVMapper but it only tweeked out other areas. I am sure it can be done but I am not a true artist like the rest of you (thus my quitness). If anyone would be willing to take a look and offer suggestions I would be much thankful. CAUTION: there is one pic of mild nudity above this liked image so if that offends you Do Not Scroll Up The Page. (I actually posted this backdoor page for some non-Poser friends who where curious - pardon the midi tune too) Thanks in advance for any suggestion you can offer.

Anton_Kisiel ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2001 at 11:39 PM

Hi there, FYI. That is Traveler's not mine. But thanks for the mention anyway. UV mapper has features that allow you to move vertices with the cursor. That is a good bet. Or simply squish the texture in that area to account for the distortion

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2001 at 12:41 AM

Ooops, sorry bout the credit. I was playing with your dragons too, Anton. My mistake. I was trying that but the mesh has an even-one piece curve over the shoulder area the way I am seeing it (not sure if your familiar with this piece) I was just thinking that since it dose have 'body parts' maybe I can find a way to separate them, like the way possett and dork have had two piece templates. I'm not sure exactly "how to" but I have found how to break down sub-meshes in other files. It's late here now and I do have my reg. job in the am. I'll work more with it tommarrow. Sorry again for my mix-up, it wasn't intentional.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.