Tue, Sep 24, 7:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 6:31 am)

Subject: Poser Runtime Folder

ruana ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 3:27 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:23 AM

I hope there is some sort of sollution out there that i havent thought of!

After installing and copying and moving and replacing and and......... new stuff i got all over the place into my runtime it is a big mess!

for example: in the pose section of my library, every package or character(whatever you get!) has some folder in here, there are so many folder in there for the different things a i have its to confusing! i have to go through it each time from top to bottom before i can find the relevant folder im looking for.

Can i make a new folder in the 'pose' folder of my runtime and call it lets say, 'Girl next door' and then move all the relevant folder in the 'pose' folder into the new 'girl next door'  folder to try and clean things up a bit?

the ideal thing im looking at doing is going into the libray and have like catagories in there so i can find things easier?

So is this possible or will i screw someting up baddly????

thanks for any help!

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 3:35 AM

Quote - Can i make a new folder in the 'pose' folder of my runtime and call it lets say, 'Girl next door' and then move all the relevant folder in the 'pose' folder into the new 'girl next door'  folder to try and clean things up a bit?

the ideal thing im looking at doing is going into the libray and have like catagories in there so i can find things easier?

So is this possible or will i screw someting up baddly????

thanks for any help!

Yes you can :)

Before I went to multiple external runtimes, I used to sort my one runtime into sub folders.

You can move around and rename the folders in the following folders:

Library/camera
Library/character   (except any  .obj files you find in there)
Library/Face
Library/Lights
Library/Poses
Library/Props

Don't move any of the !DAZ folders though.  They need to left where they are.  Also, any folder outside of the ones I listed that bear the name of the creator or say "Morphs" or something similar.

When I was using sub folders I had my character and pose folder set up with the following folders:

V3
M3
Aiko
-basically a folder for each figure that I had.

Then I made more sub folders inside each of those. For example in the V3 folder I would have:

Clothing
Poses
Character Addons

Eventually as I got more clothing, I made sub folders in the clothing folder for:

Morphing Clothing
Non Morphing Clothing
Shoes
Jewelery

It was so much easier to find things.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 3:40 AM

Since Poser 5, you can have any depth (within the OS limits - which are pretty deep) of folders under the library folder in question.  For instance, my V3 Character folder is like:

libraries
    characters
       Daz
          Victoria3
             Clothing
                As-Shanim Every Day Vest
                   files for this product

So, yes, you can make a new folder in the 'pose' folder in order to organize and reduce the number of linear folders.  Note that Poser imposes a limit to the number of items/folders under any folder.  There is a way to increase this limit by editing one of the preference XML files - wait for response or search archives here on this.

Also, you could make separate Runtimes altogether for various figures.  You could make a Runtime solely for Victoria 3 and add it to the Runimes available in Poser (5+).  I think that the 'geometries' and 'textures' will need to remain in the default Runtime, but anything in the libraries can be separated in this fashion.

Robert

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Syltermermaid ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 4:09 AM

Sure you can make subfolder!!! I have all my stuff in subfolder not to loose the overview! The only thing what I wouldn't put in a subfolder is under Pose the character! I had a problem that the morphs didn't load propperly after doing that.

Hugs Ute

Syltermermaid ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 4:09 AM

Sure you can make subfolder!!! I have all my stuff in subfolder not to loose the overview! The only thing what I wouldn't put in a subfolder is under Pose the character! I had a problem that the morphs didn't load propperly after doing that.

Hugs Ute

ruana ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 4:48 AM

thanks for all the replies!!

just something else on what acadia said, so any folder that has !DAZ in the name i cant move????? *** i have so many *** that like most of the folders in there. but im sure i can make some improvement any ways!

and what is it with the multiple runtimes?!?!??

how does that work?

thanks again!

Gora ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 5:07 AM

the !Daz directories have morphs in them... when you apply an INJ pose from you library, the read script basically looks for the relevant file basically looking along the specific path of where the (in this case) !Daz directory should be... if youve moved it, the morph youre trying to inject wont be found, and wont work.....

As far as having different Runtime folders go...its also a usefull way of keeping things orderly.... what you do is build up a directory structure, identical to your main one in Poser, anywhere on your pc (doesnt have to be within poser. Open poser and the library, selct the figures tab, and keeping moving uptill you see the red dot thingy, and downloads, select the + button at the bottom of the pallete, and add browse to the new runtime folder youve just created, itll then be added to the library. Also...you dont neccesarily have to name the new directory "runtime", you can name it like "V3" or whatever....

"If toast
always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what
happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"

Steven Wright

modus0 ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 7:19 AM

Quote - thanks for all the replies!!

just something else on what acadia said, so any folder that has !DAZ in the name i cant move????? *** i have so many *** that like most of the folders in there. but im sure i can make some improvement any ways!

The file located in Runtimes:LIbraries needs to stay where it is, as it contains all the files that the DAZ INJ and REM morph files need to work. The folders in the Pose directory can be moved without problem.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

geep ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 7:34 AM

file_348145.gif

Did someone say ... [Multiple Runtimes ](http://www.drgeep.com) [(scroll down to find it) :biggrin:     CLICK ME !](http://www.drgeep.com)

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 8:23 AM

My entire Runtime is built on sub-folders in all the top tier folders!

Works for me!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.