Mon, Sep 9, 4:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Realistic Looking Braids?

Lokana ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2001 at 8:17 AM ยท edited Sun, 14 July 2024 at 3:17 PM

file_163259.jpg

I posted this before, but I didn't see it come up. Sorry if I'm double posting. Anyway, I was wondering if someone could help make/find braids simular to the ones in this pic?

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2001 at 2:30 PM

I have only seen two figures with long posable braids but both only have one braid each on the back, not sure if that will help: One I belive was on Remco's site and I think the other (Laura Croft) can be found at the PropGuild - not sure about licenses on either but both are free downloads.

GrayMare ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2001 at 8:27 PM

In his "people" section John (http://johnontherun.ezdir.net/) has a character called Leticia. He's cut and pasted many different hair parts together to make her hair, but has an add-on prop that I think would do what you're looking for. I had render problems that I just gave up on without contacting John (out of laziness) with the actual hair, but the prop renders well. It doesn't have a transmap, but there's likely an easy workaround by using either the transmap curls texture (avaliable on 'rosity) or the funky texture used on the dredlocks available somewhere. Hope this helps. GrayMare

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 12:47 AM

If you need the dreadlock texture, it's by PilotHigh, made for Anton's CurlyPonyUpDo. His readme has no URL but I do have his e-mail if you can't find it. (don't know him personaly so I don't want to post it)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 3:16 AM

Didn't Traveler's garb pack #1 for Posette have a double braid hair piece with it? That is the only one I have with 2 skiny braids. The Costume Shop CD may have been my source for the other double braid in my folders. There is no "coronet braid" or "french braid" or "swiss-miss braid" that I know of... which is a pity. I don't think that there is even an african-style braid yet (and they have some wondrous patterns). Hmmm... we need more braids! Carolly, with her hair in two butt-length plaits

Lokana ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 10:09 AM

Thanks Gray Mare. I've been to John's website before. His work is really good quality for a free site. I missed those braids though. I'm going to see if I can make them work. Thanks again:)

PilotHigh ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 11:25 AM

Attached Link: http://jmlirochon.free.fr/pilot.htm

file_163260.jpg

Igohigh, the URL for the dreds texture is above. It is being hosted by a friend from France. It's also available at the 3D Commune in free stuff. Aeriol

joeyb ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 10:57 PM

I cannot find my notes tonight, but I think I saw a lot of braided hair on a site called "Happyland". Does anyone here remember that site? I'll try to find it again tomorrow in my notes, and reply then.

joeyb ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2001 at 9:24 AM

I think it was site.yahoo.com/happyworldland, but the page is down today. It may have moved in the last two months. Sorry, I'll check my archives and see if that's the braids I was thinking of. I should have the author's name, and maybe you can find him/her on this site.

joeyb ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2001 at 10:07 PM

Attached Link: http://www.greylight.com/poserhair.html

oops, it was actually Greylight's site. Take a look, and see if these will help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.