Wed, Sep 25, 1:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 7:15 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Help! UVmapping

Stormi ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2001 at 5:06 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

What does it mean when you finish remapping an object and load it into Poser to see what it looks like with your new texture and when you click on the button it's invisible? I remapped it in Deep Paint 3D and saved it as a obj ... changed the cr2 name & deleted the rsr file. I've had this problem with several clothes items in my collection. Any help would be very much appreciated. Stormi =)

"The best and most beautiful thing in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart."

• Helen Keller

JKeller ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 12:09 AM

What exactly is invisble? And which .rsr did you delete, the one that sits with the cr2 or the one that sits with the obj?

Stormi ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 10:26 AM

The Tank top that I remapped and loaded back into Poser is invisible. The name of the new remapped version shows up but when I click on it to use it seems to go onto my work space but it's invisible. I deleted the rsr file that sits with the obj then I changed the CR2 file to reflect the changes. Thank you for answering my plea... Stormi =)

"The best and most beautiful thing in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart."

• Helen Keller

JKeller ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 11:27 AM

I'm thinking that possibly when you remapped it, somehow the group names in the obj file became renamed or were lossed completely. When a cr2 loads an object, it only loads the geometry for the body parts that are referenced. Open your .obj in a text editor and look for lines that start with a 'g'. The 'g' should be followed by the group name. For a tanktop you should see the following groups:

g hip
g abdomen
g chest

and possibly:

g rCollar
g lCollar
g neck

You should check to see that the groups are still named exactly like above.

Hope this helps.

Stormi ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 3:28 PM

THANK YOU ... IT WORKS! Figured out the problem. Because you can't just load an obj into deep paint from Poser I had to export my outfit out of Poser and then load it into Deep Paint. (it was very VERY wrong) ... When I loaded the obj into the UVmapper and remapped it and placed it back into Poser it worked!! I can't thank you enough for your help. Hugs!!!! Stormi =)

• Helen Keller

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.