Fri, Oct 4, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Repairing Poser 6

Robo2010 ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2006 at 7:23 PM · edited Wed, 07 August 2024 at 10:55 PM

In the past, I removed some of the poser content like Don, Judy, P4 female and others I do not use. Only using V3, M3 taking the leading role in my poser usage. Went to use the walk cycle, and it searches for Don, and the other Poser characters, which I deleted. Now I am not able to use the Walk cycle unless I have those characters installed...gees. Poser hangs... So, I tried to repair poser by putting the characters back in without reinstalling poser. Anyone done this and how? Also, if I do reinstall poser 6, can I only install SR3 instead of the other patches? Do I have to redo my runtime?

Gwendolyn ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2006 at 8:13 PM

Hi! I had the same problem once, but with Poser 5. Ultimately I ended up uninstalling and re-installing P5. I did however notice in the process that the uninstall did not remove any “content” I installed. So I just reinstalled and the content was still there, and P5 was working fine. What you can do is back up your content (if that is what you don’t want to have to reinstall) in a different folder for safety measures. The reinstall and put the content back in its proper place. I chose the reinstall after a long time of trying to fix my deletions. Hope that helps. J

chud ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2006 at 8:48 PM

You could also edit the walk designer figure file in a text editor to use a different figure. Located here: Runtime/figures/walkDesignerFigure

Robo2010 ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2006 at 11:36 PM

Ok, I played with the Walk Designer, and it functioned in poser6,  although when I editted, I changed "Don", to "Jessi", because I still have Jessi installed and I use her. I ran the Walk designer, and got a message, "please locate Jessi for walk designer". I located Jessi CRZ though and the walk designer and Poser6 ran fine. The line was "Don for walk designer", and I changed "Don" to "Jessi"

How would I editted the walk designer file a lot better. Any suggestions?

R_Hatch ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 12:21 AM

Change

":Runtime:libraries:character:Poser 5:Jessi for Walk Designer.crz"

to

":Runtime:libraries:Character:Jessi:Jessi.crz".

Right now, going by what you posted, your file is pointing to a non-existent file named ":Runtime:libraries:character:Poser 5:Jessi for Walk Designer.crz", since all you changed was "Don" to "Jessi".

Robo2010 ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 7:35 AM

Yup, that worked great. 😄

Wondering if their is a line or anything I can play with the Walk designer display, for example: zoom out or scale display (window)?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.