Tue, Oct 22, 3:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Poser Crashing :scared:

Colorstorm ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 2:47 AM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 8:52 AM

I just got Poser 6 for a present and it's been giving me a devil of a time trying to install it. Whenever I try to run it after installing, I can often get to the registration screen, enter my information, then it crashes. If I actually get INTO the program, it lets me work a bit then crashes, and starts a memory dump of my computer. This is really frustrating, does anyone know what I could do to fix this problem? I obviously already opened the package, so I can't return it - not that I really want to, but if it's going to not work it's not worth the money my friend shelled out for it. Any advice?

Andrea

SanctumArtKitty ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 3:10 AM · edited Thu, 20 July 2006 at 3:22 AM

Hi Colorstorm,

Have you contact e-frontier about this issue? They are great people and I know they could help you out with it. Along with the issue, make sure to add your system specs and the version of Poser 6 ( boxed or downloadable) Try: http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/support.php 

SanctumArtKitty =^_^=

SanctumArtKitty =^_^= 
Sales and Tech Support
www.sanctumart.com

Colorstorm ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 3:14 AM

Thanks, SantumArtKitty, I'll try sending them a message and hope that this can get fixed.

Andrea

steveshanks ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 3:33 AM

Try updating your video card drivers, the only time its ever crashed on me was when changing between rooms, usually as soon as i clicked on cloth room it would close, new video drivers fixed that.......Steve

kaveman ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 4:29 AM

And have you installed the Service Packs?

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 6:55 AM

And don't install Qicktime 7

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 12:58 PM

Colorstorm, Turn off all virus protection and firewalls while installing. Often they detect some of the installation activity as threatening. You can turn them back on as soon as it is installed. I think that may be your problem. Scarab

Colorstorm ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 10:13 PM

Thanks, everyone, I called E-Frontier this morning and the nice folks there had me delete the files (not the folders) in my Runtime/prefs folder. Something got all corrupted and messed up Poser, but now I'm addicted to playing with it. I have today and the next two days off work and have barely budged from in front of my new computer with Poser 6 installed - I even bought a few additions and am really enjoying it. You guys are great,  SantumArtKitty, SteveShanks, Kaveman,  Jules 53757, Scarab, thanks again for your advice, you really helped me out.

Andrea

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 10:42 PM

Welcome to the family!!!!!!!! 

A word of warning.  You will soon find yourself poor and sleep deprived!!!!!!!!!!  hehe

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 7:52 AM

That warning was too bloody late, acadia, and you know it..... It's all right, My Precious. Trust the Precious, yessssss.... YOu'l know you're doomed when you start looking at people and thinking about dialing that jawline just a little bit.... ;)

vivianne ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 4:43 PM · edited Sun, 23 July 2006 at 4:44 PM

Hi Everyone,

I've been on Renderosity for quite a while but I think this is my first time on the forums! (Oh, I guess not since it says I have 12 posts...I wonder what those are from?? LOL)

I just couldn't help it, when I saw Dale B's " YOu'l know you're doomed when you start looking at people and thinking about dialing that jawline just a little bit...."

I knew I was doomed when I would look at people and immediately try to figure out what character I would use to replicate them. "He's a David. Or, he's a James. Or, she actually looks like Dina!"

And, I knew I was insane when I would be working on a portrait and swear it would blink at me on its' own! (I was just coming off a 15 hour stint at the computer, though) :blink:

Viv

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 9:09 AM

:woot: bwahahahahaha!!!  Two new normals that will soon be sleep deprived posers! :woot:  Welcome to the dollhouse, you two!  One of the funnest programs you could learn...and like Acadia said, it can get pricey if you're not careful.  Trust me on that, I've got a maxed out credit card to prove it! :blushing:  The lure of pretty clothes, pretty morphs and fabulous add-ons will grab you instantly, but, on the bright side, there are so many freebies out there that will blow your mind as well.

Welcome to a whole new way to play on the computer.

StevieG1965

DaiVernon ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 11:52 AM · edited Mon, 24 July 2006 at 12:07 PM

Hello, I have now Poser 6 Mac OSK and it crashes every time I click de arrow to seletc body parts, can anyone help me? DaiVernon.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.