Tue, Oct 22, 12:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: How To Show The: EXIF Camera Info In Your Posts (SLAWA)

nattarious ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 9:32 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:46 PM

file_348649.jpg

Hello there...

Hopefully this thread is posted in the right section..

Here you go "Slawa" and or any other member who don't know where that EXIF option is..

Please find an attached screen shot to this thread..

Just do the upload as you always do.. The only thing that you have to check. Is that little box marked in RED!! The PERMISSION, OPTIONS AND ADVISORIES!!

That is it!! And keep doing the rest of your upload option as usual.. Now here is a very important thing that you need to know:

1- You always need to preview your post before posting it, to make sure that you camera setting came out right on the right side of your post info

2- Never save your postwork by the option: SAVE FOR WEB!!! That will delete the EXIF from your pic.. The SAVE FOR WEB option is a utility to optimize your postwork or picture for the webuse only!! And the EXIF or your shot info takes space from the major file.. And that is one of the reasons it takes it away..

3- If you want to use to SAVE FOR WEB option..Then your info will be gone!!! The only way to insert your info back.. Is manually like in my posts for example.. And that info can be found only in the original shot.. Always save the original.. Keep them for ever.. Becasue one day you will need them..

4- As step 3 said.. If you want to use SAVE FOR WEB then you can do that.. And to get your original EXIF data, here is what you have to do.. Goto to the same shot (ORIGINAL) never been edited, then right click, choose properties, a window will popup, you can see the SUMMARY TAB on the top, click it and from the botton right side click ADVANCED>>

From there you will be able to see everything about your post.. Starting from the sizes all the way till the date taken..

So hope you can get it now.. It is so simple and no hustle at all..

I still prefere to use to the normal SAVE AS: and then chose .JPEG below it will show you the size.. You can reduce it by either the slide bar or manulally.. Since the MAX size on Renderosity is 500KB per pic.. Then use the 11% of the compression it really depends on the size of your postwork.. and so on..

So best wished and hope that i explained it right.. And excuse my English :)) My mother tonque is Russian and Turkmanian tho :))

Have a nice day

JOE

NATTARIOUS[C] IS A WELL KNOWN INTERNATIONAL CLUB DJ - PHOTOGRAPHER - GRAPHIC AND COMMERCIAL DESIGNER AND THE OWNER OF XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS & CERTIFIED LEGAL GOLD MICROSOFT PARTNER!

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® OFFICIAL WEBSITE: WWW.XOOM-ARTS.COM

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® Ultimate Web Templates Just Click It

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 10:01 AM

Thanks for sharing that with us Joe. That is what this place is about, sharing knowledge for the benefit of all! =]

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

nattarious ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 10:08 AM

You are very welcome TwoPynts :) Hope Slawa can find it tho.. She tried but cannot..

Wish you a happy day tho :)

JOE

NATTARIOUS[C] IS A WELL KNOWN INTERNATIONAL CLUB DJ - PHOTOGRAPHER - GRAPHIC AND COMMERCIAL DESIGNER AND THE OWNER OF XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS & CERTIFIED LEGAL GOLD MICROSOFT PARTNER!

slawa ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 7:44 PM

Thank you Joe, i will try tomorrow and see if i can make it work :)

Off to bed now lol its 3 am.nite nite everyone ;)

nattarious ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 8:30 AM

You welcome slawa..

It will work :) And don't save for web please.

Regards and hugs

JOE

DJB ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 9:49 AM

Thanks Joe. I just found this out a few weeks ago, so now for my next images I am just saving as......
If you work with RAW you must convert to 8 bit in order to save as standard jpg I notice.Otherwise it saves to JPEG2000.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2006 at 9:03 PM

Thank you my dear Joe,

I need to see that tomorrow 😄 If I have a problem I will tell you...

hugs and kissssssss

slawa ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 4:08 AM

Thank you Joe!

I did as you said and it works!!!! :) YYEEEYYY!!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.