Mon, Oct 7, 6:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: HTML seemd screwed up on home page editing.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 8:14 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 6:16 AM

My HomePage

Take a look at my home page and you'll notice the renderosity stuff, Gallery etc is now misalligned.  It used to be under the picture, now it starts half way down....

and when I try to edit my home page, I get the HTML code in the text box and no option to save.

Not sure how to fix this.   So I'm open to suggestions.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

SndCastie ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 9:01 AM · edited Sun, 23 July 2006 at 9:02 AM

Ok not sure I know what is the problem but reported Thank you for bringing this to our attention when I checked mine my bio is gone from mine so hopfully it will be fixed soon.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

drawbridgep ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 7:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.galeblair.com/phil/stuff/rosity2.jpg

Hey there.

I don't want this issue to get lost just because I'm the only one to report, so thought I'd bump it.

My other account is drawbrdgephoto and that's working fine.   But without the ability to edit my home page, I can't actually fix this my end and I REALLY don't want to lose my account and have to start again.    Please check with them and get some feedback for me.
I've attached the full sized screenshot in case that helps.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 1:01 PM

Okay we fixed the bad HTML code and your homepage is all good now:)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 1:05 PM

OK, here's the lowdown.

Firefox screwed it up.  But looking at it in IE and it looked the same (ie, starting halfway down teh image and bunched up.)   However, editting the profile in IE gave me the save option, so I could at least play around with the text.   By removing the text and saving, problem solved.  I enter it again, problem returns in IE and firefox.  Therefore, it's obviously something to do with the HTML I'm using.    

My profile has a few links to external sites and I wanted them to look like rosity, so put [ ] around them.  However this seemed to confuse it and rosity couldn't quite tell where the profile text ended and the next part started.

Thanks to kitty at RenderGods for pointing me to a simlar problem that her husband had that pointed me to trying IE.

So the moral of this story is...  if you have a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find them, then maybe you can hire The Rendergods

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 1:05 PM

LOL, so maybe I didn't fix it and it was teh very second that you fixed it that I thought I solved the problem. 

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 1:09 PM

So was I at least right and it was the [ ]  in the page that were screwing it up?

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

pauljs75 ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2006 at 2:51 PM

Who knows how it's being interpreted by the server before the browser sees it?  Might be worth a shot to try the HTML ampersand codes to generate the square brackets.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.