Tue, Sep 3, 12:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 03 11:15 am)

Subject: To hire a clothing and morph modeller

Warangel ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 7:44 AM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 4:55 AM

So I have this character, N'Varra Wren.

She started as V3 and PhilC did some work on her for me. Since then, she has grown. I am happy with the custom morphs and texturing I have done on her.

I am content with some of the clothing I have chosen to use, and retextured, as well as some of her gear.

However, I would LIKE to see her with custom clothing and gear, and a few other modifications, as a standalone character.

I cannot model. Is there anyone that would like to help me? I am about ready to launch my website, and would really seeing her as a standalone character.

Please let me know.

You can see her in my gallery. I tend to do many pictures of her.

Warangel ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 12:37 PM

Pretty please? Someone?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 1:44 PM

is that the one with the things coming out of the top of her head? It's a distinctive character; ISTR phil giving away a similar starwars character a few years ago. anyway, good luck with the clothing. maybe they could copy it from whatever starwars movie it appeared in, although I can't recall if they were wearing much clothing. weren't they slave girls or dancing girls, like that? the word "wren" in english refers to a very small bird that hangs about peoples' houses and nests in boxes. hence I'd suggest changing it to something more butch and intimidating, like raven or eagle.

Warangel ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 2:08 PM

Actually, I hired PhilC originally to make her for me. And I was happy with what he did. Since the, I have learned more about what can be done in Poser, and would like to hire someone to help me to make the next version of her.

Warangel ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 6:33 AM

Not a single person willing to help?

DarkEdge ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 8:49 AM

if i weren't involved with my own creations i would probably be willing to take on a project, i'm making some armour/clothing right now for m3...i have about 3 more weeks worth of work, and then...?

Comitted to excellence through art.

Warangel ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 9:13 AM

If you would be willing to consider it, it's not urgently pressing. I can wait 3 weeks. It's been over a year already.

Please let me know and I will forward you my email address.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 1:33 PM · edited Tue, 25 July 2006 at 1:34 PM

Miss nancy N`varra wrenn is a star wars game characters name.

The aliens are called twileks, they are not all slaves or dancing girls and the first ones appeared in return of the jedi though others might have been added digitally in the newer versions of star wars and the empire strikes back.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 1:53 PM · edited Tue, 25 July 2006 at 1:54 PM

o.k., that explains it, xan. naboo, camino, wrenn, jar-jar et al. :lol: if fits into the michael eisner/george lucas pattern: make the movie understandable to a 7-yr.-old, and it will be a commercial success, even if it's a laughing stock amongst critics. but what do they know? just a bunch of elitist UCLA film school graduates. :lol: still, I woulda called her n'varra raven just to spice it up a bit :lol: then she could have raven-black hair - assuming those twileks have hair.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 12:58 AM

Star wars was a laughing stock among critics.

Star wars, empire strikes back and revenge of the sith are all very good (even for over 7s).

Warangel ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 9:24 AM

Still looking to hire a modeller please.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 10:14 AM

have you tried asking philc again to do the second version?

Warangel ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 1:21 PM

I have asked PhilC. He was my first choice. I haven't heard back from him. I also asked Aery Soul, but they are busy with their projects and only do V3. I also asked Wusamah because I currently use many of his Uzilite collection for her gear. I also asked Stonemason because I love his scifi stuff.

I also love Blackhearted Irina, and thought of asking you and Rio, but am starting to feel like I am just hopelessly spamming people.

This could be a standalone character to sell. Or just a one off for me. I just really have some neat ideas for her and can't do them myself.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 1:45 PM

if they sell 50 copies at $20 each for popular items, then a custom job for you would be $1,000, assuming nobody else shows any interest.

Warangel ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 2:01 PM

I was looking at spending around $1000, so that would work.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 2:21 PM

ive been working up the skills to model a complete figure with highly efficient topology, and while i am confident i can do it at this time, i dont have the time to -- and thats just half the work, then you need to find someone to rig it and do the tedious things like expression morphs, etc. if i did undertake such a massive effort it would be to put a complete character in my store -- i couldnt do it for a commission.

if this is just for personal use anyway, i could make a pcf-encoded modification of the V3 mesh for you with head tails and a full body morph and textures. either that or create some seamlessly blended conforming head tails which would allow you full use of all of v3's existing expression and face morphs.

Quote - if they sell 50 copies at $20 each for popular items, then a custom job for
you would be $1,000, assuming nobody else shows any interest.

they sell many more copies than that. but perhaps in this case, what i call a 'semi exclusive' would be best... in which the person you find to do your commission creates a character or figure for you and gives you nonexclusive rights to it, and is then allowed to sell it in their store as well with the stipulation that they make some small modifications.
that way you get your character to your exact specifications and save some money, and the merchant can also recoup more of their development time by putting an item in their store.

of course the last such work i did turned out to be a big waste of time since i never saw a dime for it, but ah well. make sure you both get a contract in advance.

cheers,
-gabriel

Warangel ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 3:22 PM

Well now that we are talking turkey, here was my idea.

N'Varra Wren is a Jessi figure. I already built Jessi morphs and textures for her, and am REALLY happy with the job done.

What I was hoping to commission was a new headtails set that had the "wrap" separate from the headtails themselves so that she could be seen without them as well as with.

I also wanted some clothing made for her, similar to what she has in my current renders, but completely customized to her. So top, pants, armband, maybe a jacket, boots.

The final part is her gear. A holster with a gun and gadgets.

I thought if done right, she could be sold as a galactic smuggler or something, so that no copyright laws are violated. If I have to pay a partial commission, so be it. I would be more than happy to see her in someone's store, as she is a wonderful model, with quite the following, and a great backstory.

So Blackhearted, I am not in a hurry. Please let me know if you can find the time and we can talk further.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2006 at 1:07 AM

There already is a free n`varra wrenn figure so you might not get many sales making a new one.

Warangel ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2006 at 7:01 AM

The free N'Varra Wren figure made by PhilC is VERY basic. It's a good base model, and I was just thrilled to have her made.

I guarantee the new one will sell. New headtails alone will be of interest to a great many people, especially if the lekku wrap is a separate piece to a seamless Jessi headtails piece.

Not to mention a clothing set and gear made for Jessi...

Did you know there are very few decent pants for Jessi? And only one "retro" scifi clothing kit for her.

Yes, I know the vast majority of people still use V3. I just really want to make a Jessi version. I am always open to discussion on that of course.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.