Sat, Sep 21, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: St. Matthew's Passion--My Easter Photo Contest Submittal--Advanced

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 9:57 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:48 PM

file_163360.jpg

on Good Friday i went to a production of Bach's "St. Matthew's Passion" with the Los Angeles Philharmonic at the Dorthy Chandler Pavillion. i was so moved by the piece that i had to try to capture the feelings and mood and hope. this is my attempt at that. i hope you like it.

Lisas_Botanicals ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 10:58 AM

How were you able to achieve this effect? I like it! It's very moody and passionate! :)

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 11:30 AM

it is a combination of photos that include a grand chadelier and the L.A. Philharmonic Symphony/Choir at the Dorthey Chandler Pavillion. the Symphony/Choir proformed the 2-1/2hour production. i tweaked the photo combination in Photopaint to get the effects i felt conveyed the mood and ray of hope. do you want to see the base photos?

Lisas_Botanicals ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 1:25 PM

Oh, now I see the chandelier! :) Yes, I'd love to see the originals, too!

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 2:00 PM

here are the base photos for this work.

Lisas_Botanicals ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 3:49 PM

I'm not seeing anything here, Gwyn. :(

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 3:59 PM

file_163363.jpg

this is the choir/symphony base picture

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 4:09 PM

Here is the Chandelier portion of the base

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 4:28 PM

file_163365.jpg

here finally is the Chandelier portion of the base

Syyd ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2001 at 7:01 AM

interesting interesting work...you must have been greatly moved. Like the quote also from Robert Schumann. Look at that chandelier.....wow, how creative that you put them together.....music, light, the performers, god...

leighp1 ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2001 at 7:12 AM

Fantastic!!! You never seem to amaze me at the things you produce!! Leigh

Lisas_Botanicals ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2001 at 7:39 AM

I'm glad you posted the originals. :) Thank you! I love the way you were able to really portray passion and depth that I can FEEL in your final composition. Great work! :)

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2001 at 2:17 AM

i try to do work that captures the mood and feelings and emotions i'm feeling or want to capture. i work with intuition mostly, and am surprised myself on how some of my stuff come out

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.