Tue, Sep 3, 10:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 02 7:24 pm)

Subject: conforming clothing or smart prop...?

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 5:58 AM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 10:33 AM

hi all!

i'm making some stuff and wanted to know if you think i should make the following up as conforming clothing or as a smart prop?

belt, shoulder belt (belt over shoulder), boots, gauntlets

thanks!

Comitted to excellence through art.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 6:02 AM

Gosh I think conforming would have less pokethrough. that sounds like it's going to be a really useful set. Is it going to be contemporary or historical? Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 7:19 AM

Conforming to whom?  I work only with Posette.
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 7:21 AM

The belt is the only one I would make non conforming.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 7:33 AM

"Conforming to whom? I work only with Posette. David P. Hoadley" But can't all conforming figures be turned into props quite easilly if you need that. It's much more difficult to turn props into conforming figures (well at least for me). Love esther PS maybe it is for M3 or david or the freak??? Not everything is for V3.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 7:49 AM

V3?  You mean the Monkey-Woman. 
Unfortunately, it seems that the fair and gracefull Posette is becomming more and more the Forgotten Queen.
David P. Hoadley

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 7:53 AM

Not quite MOnkey_Woman, I've used a magnet that was here in the renderosity free-stuff to de-hump her and now she is very much better. well I think so anyway. Love esther

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 7:59 AM

yeah okay, thanks for the replies.

the set is medevil barbaric/scifi.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 8:06 AM

Yes, but compare the two straight out of the box: it's like comparing the young Liv Ulmann to Rosanne Bar.
David P. Hoadley

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 8:09 AM

can't say I know who those two are but I get the idea. However 50 000 naked vickies in a temple can't be wrong. Love esther

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 10:31 AM

file_348893.jpg

"However 50 000 naked vickies in a temple can't be wrong."

They were only Vickies, because, until Stahlratte, no one had the brains to make them into Evelyns first!
With the advent of evelyn, Viky became pase'.  Here you can see a nude EVELYN in a temple with a crystal ball and a cat.  Who needs a sword when you've got her good looks and grace.  But then, just getting rid of Vickies Brezhnev Eyebrows is an improvement, but couple that with Posette's gracefull figure (and Eve 4's anatomical correctness), and you've got a dynammite combination.
Yours truly,
David P. Hoadley
Anyone intrested in this figure, email me: dph@013.net.il

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 1:52 PM

well, there's plenty of other characters out there; Maya doll, Project Human, Her, Him, Eve (aforementioned..;), Aiko, etc. All are free..it's good to have a specialty, but there's always alternatives..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Phantast ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2006 at 3:35 PM

Leaving aside the utter red herrings above - from the OP these could be male garments -

Generally speaking, whether an item should be conforming or a smart prop depends on how many of the standard body parts it will span. A belt that runs only round the abdomen or hip can be a smart prop attached to the abdomen or hip. An item that crosses the hip-abdomen divide needs to be conforming if it is to react correctly to the figure bending or twisting at the waist.

If boots are a smart prop, you won't be able to bend the feet with respect to the shin. And so on.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 7:13 PM

phantast, you stated it just perfect...because thats what was happening. well, it's always something.

time to learn about :

conforming clothing/decompressing/zero pose/grouping/blankcr2's/editing/boneing/assigning/modeling...am i leaving something out? does it sound like im close but not there yet? the grouping is killing me larry!!!

Phantast ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 10:41 AM

I have to admit I've never tried making conforming clothes because the modeling software I mostly use (Rhino) is bad at doing the critical thing which is splitting the mesh into parts. In other words, in the case of an item that spans the hip-abdomen divide, you have to split it where the divide is going to be.

Then you combine the two bits in Poser in the correct hierarchy and save the combined obj file.

Then you cheat. You find another conforming cr2 file that has a similar structure of parts. Edit it to replace the name of the original obj file with the name of your new one, in two places, rename the file, save, it should all work.

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 12:03 PM · edited Tue, 25 July 2006 at 12:05 PM

You do the splitting and grouping in UV Mapper (Tou could use a colored template of the figure your trying to conform to), and build the Cr2 in Phi Builder (possibly optional). 
Another method would be to 'Bone' it in the set up room, using the figure's bones that you want it to conform to, and then save the results to the Figures library.
David P. Hoadley

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 12:16 PM

I use the setup room a lot, it is not really as bad as some people say, though it is difficult to understand when beginning using it.

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 12:46 PM · edited Tue, 25 July 2006 at 12:46 PM

Attached Link: Converting P4 Fem Clothing for Eve

The truth is, correct boning is more important to proper clothing conforming than body grouping.  As an example is the link above.  In it, clothing that conforms to one figures body grouping/boning is adapted to fit a differently  grouped/boned figure. The catsuit in question is grouped just like standard P4 Posette, but it's been reboned to conform to Eve 4, a regrouped-reboned Posette that later became the template for Zygote's Vicky 1 and Vicky 2 and the Millenium figures. If the figures joints conform, then whether its groups specifically match those of the host figure becomes of less importnace. Yours truly, David P. Hoadley

DarkEdge ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 6:16 PM

yeah, i've discovered that grouping was my achilles heel...i just purchased auto group editor and it is making the job so much easier....all going well.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.