Mon, Sep 23, 12:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 10:18 pm)

Subject: External Runtimes question

Ares_Designs ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 12:51 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 8:53 AM

Is it possible to set up a runtime folder like the following  and have it listed in Poser6 as Animals and then domestic then all the animals that are classified as domestic?

Main Folder-Animals>Subfolder-Domestic>Feline's

I ask as I want to not have 40 or more seperate runtimes but have a set up that if I need a dog I can go to animals>domestic>dog.

Just in case. I want the Animal Folder to be a base runtime (perhaps) and then Domestic as a layered runtime and then feline . I know that makes it 3 deep. But I have poser on it own hdd so space is not a major concern.

theodote ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 1:05 PM

That's kind of what I do, but not "layered runtimes." I have a runtime called Animals. In the character folder I have fish, dogs, cats, horses, bugs,  fantasy (dragons and such), etc. Then under dogs I have separate folders for mill dog and the old Poser dog. Characters based on either go in the matching folder. Then the props folder is a similar set up.

Thanks to Daio, my most extended directory is under horse. :-)

Hope that helps!

Ares_Designs ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 1:08 PM

So basically I need to set the character folder to read as feline, dog, wolf, and the like ?

theodote ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 1:20 PM

That's what I do. You can nest files a lot inside those folders. Maybe an "old hand" will pop in with a better idea. . . .

modus0 ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 1:34 PM

To clarify, the folder structure of Runtime:Libraries:Character needs to stay the same, otherwise Poser won't see the files.

However, inside the Characters folder, you could have a Domestics, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Wild set of folders, with any animals/monsters/whatever sorted within them.

So you can have Runtime:Libraries:Characters:Domestics:Dogs:DAZ MilDog.

Really, you can organize folders inside the Camera, Figures, Expressions, Poses, Props, Hands, Lights, Hair, and Materials any way you want, just make sure to not change the names of the folders that Poser uses for it's Library interface.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Ares_Designs ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 1:40 PM

Modos0:;  Ok now that sounds more like what I am after. So as long as the original folder names stay the same even if external can set up runtime's like the following.

Animals>Runtime:Libraries:Character>Domestic:Dog

This will put all of "domestic" animals into one runtime folder isntead of each having their own yes?

modus0 ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 1:46 PM

Yep.

Although you'll have to move things to where you want them, you can organize them in whatever categories you desire.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Ares_Designs ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 1:53 PM

Thanks

Well time to go reorganize things

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 7:35 PM

Quote - Is it possible to set up a runtime folder like the following  and have it listed in Poser6 as Animals and then domestic then all the animals that are classified as domestic?

Main Folder-Animals>Subfolder-Domestic>Feline's

I ask as I want to not have 40 or more seperate runtimes but have a set up that if I need a dog I can go to animals>domestic>dog.

Just in case. I want the Animal Folder to be a base runtime (perhaps) and then Domestic as a layered runtime and then feline . I know that makes it 3 deep. But I have poser on it own hdd so space is not a major concern.

You can create a runtime called animals and then in the library folders make as many nested sub folders as you like.

You would link Poser to the "Animal Runtime", and then just browse using the poser library to the various folders in each category.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.