Tue, Sep 3, 10:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 02 7:24 pm)

Subject: creating conforming clothing question...?

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 7:16 AM · edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 6:38 PM

hi all! i've got a couple of questions in regards to creating conforming clothing:

1- it loads to the stage a little off, have to adjust along y axis, no biggie here i'm thinking memorize figure will take care of that???

2-the created conforming pants conform to figure (m3) but seem just a little out of wack upon posing, i used a blank m3 mesh for modeling clothing. i uncompressed crz, loaded a m3 figure to stage, saved figure to figure library (zero posed), then went in and stripped morphs from cr2 and geometry from from obj. made clothing from mesh.

how come my mesh is still a little off from m3???

Comitted to excellence through art.

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 11:39 AM

First ensure that your geometry is correct by importing both the clothing and the figure's OBJ file. Leave all the import option boxes unchecked. The clothing must line up perfectly with the figure.

If all is well clear the scene.

Now load the figure followed by your clothing. Select the clothing, turn on all IK chain and ensure that all hand and feet translations are zero. Now turn off all IK chains and use the "Zero Figure" button in the Joint Editor. Next select the hip followed by the BODY and zero all translations.

Finally go to Edit:Memorize:Figure. This will remove all the preset bends and translations that were in the original CR2 file and are the most probable cause of the displacement. Conform the clothing to the figure to check.

If all is correct save the clothing to the figure library.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 11:59 AM

phil, thank you for responding.

would morph manager do the same thing as "zeroing all translations?"

i've gotten my stuff to load properly now (didn't notice that conforming figure was not to dropped to floor! who floats!?) so now it's just a matter of getting it all to go. one thing i am noticing right away is that the conforming clothing is tearing at the joint/seams between my groupings...is this a welding issue and if so, where do i correct it (upon import, export???)

thanks so much

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 12:22 PM

No morph manager will not zero translations.

How did you create your groups? Would it be possible to provide a screen shot?

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 1:44 PM

file_349555.jpg

it comes pre-grouped from my modeling program...i load the obj/go to setup room/everything already named/grouped/selected (hip, lThigh,rButtock). see pic 1. but even though i can see everything is grouped correctly is there a magic button after that called, "press me to save groupings"??? so i think they are grouped okay.

but now when i load obj and figure/zeroed out/...all is great looks perfect, pic 2. when i try and conform the obj to the figure everything is good except the right shin goes wacky! pic 3. if i unconform and zero it all perfect again. what is causing this, do you know? or how can i fix this?

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 1:45 PM

file_349556.jpg

before conforming to figure

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 1:46 PM

file_349557.jpg

after...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.