Mon, Oct 21, 10:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 18 12:33 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Veronica for V3 - One of the first characters to contain DS exclusives!

LiquidRust ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 9:11 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:04 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

...coming soon to the rendo marketplace...

Hey guys! Long time no see. Well, this is what I've been up to!

Veronica for V3 is a unique character in the sense that it's one of the first Poser characters to be created when Poser wasn't even used in the process of making it! I don't even own Poser, but thanks to DAZ|Studio, Veronica was born.

In the package you'll receive all the textures and morphs like you would normally, but this time in addition to the textures(JPEG's), you'll get DS-specific versions of Veronica's head and body morphs(which require the morph packages from Daz btw), and you'll get her DS MAT files as well as the lights and shaders used in the promo images(which have no postwork except composition) so you'll be able to enjoy Veronica as she was meant to be.

I have no clue what to price the character at so any suggestions on that are welcome. The character is final, however I may add and change things to the promo images later.

2006 Liquid Rust Productions,

staff member--Donna

Giana ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2006 at 3:27 PM

the time you took to develop the textures is quite obvious as they have an extremely nice quality about them and look to be of quality too... cheers to you being innovative with D|S also...

4blueyes ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2006 at 4:09 PM

WOW, she is finally here!!! Looks impressive. I especially love her eyes and the second skins that look so real :) Michal 4blueyes

cplymill ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 3:49 PM

Wow what hair are you using?  She is very beautiful  I rarely like characters but I think I am going to have to get this one.

Farside ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 3:52 PM

Looks good, I'd put her out in 2 versions:  A Poser skin texture set for $5.00 and a DS character set for $10.00

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 10:51 PM

no no no... do not undersell these textures... $5 is way way too cheap for the quality i'm seeing...

maybe farside meant it the other way around [?] - Skin $10; D|S character $5?

from your description above, it sounds as if she will come with files for both Poser -and- D|S, correct? i'd think $12-$15 would be more than a fair price [closer to $15, imo], especially if you look through the MP at comparable quality skin texture/characer items... just my opine [li'l shrug]

Farside ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 11:24 PM

I meant for D|S she should sell it as a full Character set... both the textures & the D|S face and body morphs.  But since it states the morphs are specific to D|S only, that makes them useless to Poser making the package less valuable to those users.  Therefore to try and draw in Poser users, maybe a Texture set could be offered for a reduced price.

I overlooked the bonus second skins so maybe $12.00 is more appropriate for the full set but given how long V3 has been out, pure texture sets are harder to sell since most users have many already.  Renderosity is even giving a photo quality V3 texture set out for free in this months e-mailer. 

To me the deciding factor on whether I add another character set to my runtime has become the morphs included and if they do a good job of changing V3's look.  These do it nicely, but for D|S only.

Giana ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 11:27 AM · edited Wed, 02 August 2006 at 11:32 AM

auh hah!! i see what you're saying, and you make some valid points...

personally, i would hope that the creator first tries to submit the package to DAZ, especially since D|S is their creation, and they could tie it in nicely into their catalogue [folks go to DAZ to d/l D|S, then pop into the Store & buy the item, all in one fell swoop so to speak].  plus if it were accepted by them, the item could potentially receive more exposure there than here on 'sity, though 'sity has been working quite a bit on improving their newsletters & MP Front Page.  just an opine... 

LiquidRust ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 3:47 PM

cplymill, the hair I used were Bliss Vision hair by Danae, and Saphire Fox hair by Quarker, plus Koz's free hairstyles available at digitalbabes2. :)

Giana, I was thinking of pricing the character around $10-14 b/c of the bonuses and I've spent so long on this character, trying to make it as high quality as possible....I'm thinking of biting the bullet and buying poser, but that would delay the character's submission for at least a week(as I have to actually learn poser, lol)....but then again it'd make it more of a sellable package,

so I guess just give me a few days to think about things and I'll let you guys know. :)

maraich ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 10:51 PM

Very nice 2nd skins - they actually appear to have dimension to them.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.