Sat, Oct 5, 3:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Vue 5 importing and rendering Poser 6 and OBJ from Houdini

masstapro ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2006 at 9:33 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 3:28 AM

I've seen some of the cool funtionality at SIGGRAPH Boston with Vue and Poser tight intergration.

Will Vue render the scene including figures as good as Poser does?

Will Vue intergrate modelled animations from Houdini?
Want to save out a sequence of OBJ files and would like to import then into Vue, right next to my Poser figures.

Thanks (Newbie)
~Shawn

impish ( ) posted Sat, 05 August 2006 at 2:53 AM

Don't know if there will be a built in way to do this in Vue 6 but I suspect you could put together a python script that would do something like this if you have a version of Vue with poser.  I'd base it on the ImportObject functionality.  Depending on the complextiy of the object file this might really hammer Vue.  If I get time I may give this a try and post back later.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

impish ( ) posted Sun, 06 August 2006 at 5:37 PM

Attached Link: Object Sequence Loader Python Script for Vue

I've just posted a script to my blog that imports a series of 3d object files (named 1.obj, 2.obj, 3.obj etc) into Vue 5 Infinite and makes them into the steps of an animation.  Took a little longer to code than I thought as I hit a few fiddly bits to get the animation to stick together properly.  Hope it will do what you want to do so you can import your Houdini animation.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.