Fri, Sep 20, 4:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:51 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Final Images and voting for this past challenge.

GeorgeD ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2001 at 10:32 AM · edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 2:33 AM

Today is the last day for posting images for the Rain challenge. From the 16th to the 18th please cast your votes for your choice. Thanks, GeorgeD

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2001 at 12:22 PM

Hi George, I was almost unaware of this forum until the other day when I selected the "email on post" thingie. I'm glad I did, because this has caused me to want to squeak in a last minute entry, and it's caused me to check out the Challenge Arena gallery. THere's some really great artwork out there, really. :) Anyhow, rain isn't my strong point, but why not, eh? I guess that's what makes it a challenge, after all. ;) So I suppose I'll be posting an entry in the appropriate thread. Cheers, Mike

joseburgos ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2001 at 8:53 AM

Attached Link: http://www.burgos-family.com/3d

Where do we vote? Thanks, Jose Burgos

GeorgeD ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2001 at 9:35 AM

You can place your vote in this thread. GeorgeD

RimRunner ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2001 at 10:33 AM

My vote goes to MJustMike. :)

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

Maker ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2001 at 10:34 AM

Well...I think I'll have to vote for Heart'Song image as the winner,for his wonderful style and pose of the character and props. I love that, almost a lift off thing you have going there, with toes in the puddle!! Nice work, Heart'Song!!!

Heart'Song ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2001 at 12:45 PM

I'd like to vote for Rain Maker. I love that image! Can't wait for the next challenge!

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2001 at 5:35 PM

I'm voting for Heart'Song as well. I'm not sure whether we're supposed to vote on how well the elements, i.e. rain and reflections were done, or how well the elements were incorporated into a well-balanced picture. Heart'Song's picture simply "struck" me more than the others, and I really liked the very subtle reflection, contrasted with what appears to be quite heavy rain. There almost appear to be splash marks in the water as well, something I couldn't get after going through every sort of bump mapping scheme I could think of! At least I think I can see splashes. Maybe it's an illusion, but even if so, I saw what I was probably supposed to see. I hope I'm not too late to get this vote in. And thanks, RimRunner! :) Cheers, Mike

joseburgos ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2001 at 7:04 PM

I too vote for Heart'song. Later, Jose Burgos PS First time in this Challenge Arena and I had fun. I sometimes sit looking to create something and just end up starring at the screen (3d block). I hope to be a permenate player :)

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2001 at 12:37 PM

If it's not too late, I'll follow the herd and put in my vote for Heart's Song's image too... :-) It was one of the three I was having trouble deciding between, and the comments here swayed me... ;-)

Cheryle ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2001 at 6:46 PM

A lot of great images and work went into this challange, this was not as easy one ;) thx TRLee for pushing us ;) voting for matrixx. Good use of lighting, great camera angle, great attention to detail, scene tells a story, it is a difficult composition (the foreshortning on the main char is well done, usually mine comes out goofy looking)it meets all the requirements set up in the challange(reflection being a big part of the scene,and rain), imaginative, and original and lots of stuff in the pix to look at ;) Over all i had fun with this challange, i learned a lot, including how to use the distance render function. Having done this challange i think i will have to do more rain scenes- they are very challanging and fun ;)

yoshi123 ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2001 at 1:03 PM

i vote for maker.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.