Sun, Sep 22, 2:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: window doesn't appear correctly

tile11 ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2001 at 12:00 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:56 PM

When ever I import this window it doesn't appear correctly, Especially when I try to render it. It is a winow with side paneling. I've tried to drop a wood effect on the window and glass as well but neither show up. The wood paneling on the sides of the winow are very shallow almost non existent. I can't get the glass to appear correctly either. Any help would be appreciated. Bill

Deathbringer ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2001 at 6:31 PM

I assume you have imported a model of some sort? You might look at it from the top it may have no depth to it and therefore not showing you the effect you apply to it right. While in the topview try adding some depth to it and see if that fixes it. Also if its multiple parts you might try ungrouping them and applying the textures seperately. I have had a hard time with windows myself (glass effect). What do you mean by doesn't appear correctly? What exactly is wrong with it? If you can give me a little more info I might be able to fix it for you.

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2001 at 10:43 PM

I agree, a z axis or depth could be causing that. I just bought Design Cad 3000 Express by Upperspace because the box said it supported DXF export. Well, it does, in x/y axis only. Stretching the z axis in Bryce was ineffective. When you have the model highlighted, click on the "A" on button for attributes and look at the numbers on the bottom of the box. If one of the numbers is very low, like 0 or so, put in a larger number, around the same as the x and y. See if that help. If not, well, that's your problem. More info would help us help you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.