Tue, Oct 22, 1:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Live chatroom event with DAZ Productions Inc.

Ringo ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2006 at 5:29 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:36 PM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Live chatroom event with DAZ Productions Inc.

Draper, UT – August 7, 2006 - DAZ Productions Inc., a leading developer of professional quality 3D models and software will be having a live chatroom event hosted by Ringo Monfort via EFNET.

channel #carrara  questions

channel #carrara2 answers

Date and time: Tuesday, August 22nd. 8am Pacific, 9am Mountain time.

DAZ special guests:

Dan Farr, President/Co-Founder

Bob Stockwell, Vice President of Sales and Marketing

Charles Brissart, Director of Software R&D

Chad Smith, Vice President of Creative

The DAZ executive team will be addressing current concerns of the online user communities in addition to sharing future plans to better serve its customers.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2006 at 5:53 PM

AM???? I hope you'll have a text document of the chat...I'll be working, as I'm sure most will :(

Ringo ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2006 at 5:54 PM

We will capture the  transcript and will be available later the same day.

You maybe surprise but we get lots  of people in the chatevent in the morning.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2006 at 5:59 PM

Good deal - Wish I could be there but can't chat while at office when there is work to be done.

nomuse ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 5:52 AM

Fergit it. Why would I want to talk to the marketing people who misled me before? Now, you get some of the ENGINEERS up there and you'll have some interest.

Ringo ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 6:43 AM

Nomuse.

Charles Brissart, Director of Software R&D  Is  the Lead engineer for Carrara and he is now director of all the Software R&D for DAZ.   So you will be talking to the main guy.

nomuse ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 2:06 PM · edited Tue, 08 August 2006 at 2:16 PM

Yes, an upper manager. Does he actually get into the guts of the program, or does he attend strategy meetings? There is a difference. I want to hear from someone who is actually working on the program, and can honestly tell me what is happening inside it. Anyone else is simply going to be parroting the current marketing push. I'm sorry if this is argumentative, even insulting. But the team as currently constituted has lost my trust.

Ringo ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 3:32 PM

Nomuse ,
 Run carrara and look  in the credits and you will really find out who Charles is.
He created the Carrara render engine, Global Illumination, Physics, Caustics, Sub Surface Scattering, NPR and much  much more. So he is  responsible for what has been in  Carrara and what will be added in future versions.
Next time do a bit of research regarding who these persons are.

It is your choice to attend or not  that is all.

nomuse ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 3:49 PM

Well, if he personally created the GI engine he has my undying respect. That was a sweet piece of work. I see no reason to attend but I look forward with great anticipation to the transcripts. You will be posting that link here, I hope?

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 5:26 PM

Ditto - when & where will the transcript be posted...dying to read it :)

Kolschey ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 8:30 PM

Hey there,

I've been really busy recently. Let me add my request for a transcript of the discussion, or a brief but comprehensive synopsis.

Many thanks!

dbigers ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 8:46 PM

Add me to the list of those who would like a transcript. I have a normal job during the day, internet is accesible, but I dont want to be caught attending a live chat session.

Ringo ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 7:54 AM

Well the chat event will be on  the  22th of this month an the transcript will be post later  on that day.

Regards

Ringo

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 2:42 PM

I wonder what posessed them to schedule this for a time when those of us in the USA will be at work? Very disappointing. Scheduling it for the 6-9 or 5-8pm USA time zone range would have been considerate.

Also, the location is only listed as EFNET. Persons unfamiliar with EFNET will need a little more guidance.  :-)

Ringo ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 5:17 PM

We have had 4 chatroom events in the same location and time and they have very successful. The time helps in many ways it allows  the European community to join.

Sorry but we cannot please everyone. We just do the best we can.

Ringo

Pauldg ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 8:32 PM

Thanks for opening the lines of communication. I am very new to Carrara and Hex. Will be very interested in hearing what the future may look like. And I hope that DAz does a great job at developing this software, and some of the other titles they have. All the best!

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 4:33 AM

This is fantastic news. I'm looking forward to this. I have questions about heavy bleeding edge use of OpenGL possibly getting ahead of the average users hardware in some other than Carrara products. Thanks for this notice. You guys rock!

:biggrin: :b_grin: :biggrin:

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

ren_mem ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 3:26 PM

Typically the transcript is posted on the yahoo group, this time probably daz and digitalpainters.net, as well. The 2 channels, one for questions and one for answers seems to keep things organized better. Any chat program or chatzilla will work. Many evenings there are users there...so might want to practice if your irc is rusty or new.

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

Veritas777 ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 4:55 PM

http://artzone.daz3d.com/index.php?mode=featured_chat

Dan Farr and Chris Creek will be in a chat over at the Art Zone TODAY (maybe NOW)

August 10, 6 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time-  if you got here later after seeing this-

there will be a transcript made available later...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.