Sun, Oct 6, 7:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: My Eighth wonder of the world

ddaydreams ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 1:03 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:14 AM

Attached Link: http://www.thepalm.co.ae

Check out this Island resort I had Built on a whim. Way cool design And it only cost me 14 Billion dollars to construct.

I'm upset that the contractor forgot the coconuts, but overall I'm pretty happy with it.
you can all go stay there for free, just tell em Frank sent you :o)

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 1:35 PM

that's a nice place to live.....   I liked your hotels and villas work.....  your Island!
and you had a terrific time playing with website building materials....

What programs did you use to make this terrific presentation?  can you elaborate a little..

can you tell us where we could get $14 Billion dollars too.... please...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sackrat ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 4:34 PM

Yeah,.........I'll bet it would be big time fun during a cat 5 hurricane !

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 6:36 PM

hey, for $14 Billion, you should have coconuts..heck, you should have dusky maidens and yachts..unless you used KBR..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 11:04 PM

What happens during the high tide????

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

ddaydreams ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 12:14 AM

ooppps, forgot about high tide, ok more rocks more sand, quick.

Quote - can you tell us where we could get $14 Billion dollars too.... please...

Here is how you get $14 Billion dollars. Start with 28 billion, invest that in california realestate and wait until 2008.  Then when the realestate bubble pops You will have 14 billion left.
I don't know who put the website together.

But I thought the design of this island was way cool. Just think of the artistic possibilities.

Frank_Hawkins_Design

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

attileus ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 3:34 AM

Yaaaawn, some more playground for the bored superrich people (popstars, Brycers).... :-)

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 5:08 AM

think my cousin buying a place there..anyone gate crashing with me?????

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 6:31 AM
Forum Moderator

I saw a documentry on tv just the other day about this project. The programme was called 'Magastructures'. The 'Palm' will not be completed until 2008, but most of  the villas have been sold already, inluding some sold to most of the England soccer team.

It is made entirely from sand sucked up from the sea floor.

This is actually just the first of at least four projects. Two more 'Palms' that will be 2-3 times bigger and 'The World' (a group of islands in the shape of major landmasses).

Prices start at about £1m.................

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

pauljs75 ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 7:58 AM

Seems nice, but you've gotta like 100°F temperatures, occasional fine blowing sand, and humidity from the gulf. Not to mention it's just a stones throw from some people that really loooove westerners. And if you decide to sail from there, don't be supprised by the occasional exploits by modern day pirates of coastal North Africa.

If you like staying indoors alot in what is essentially a glorified gated community, then go for it.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

danamo ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 3:59 PM

What would really concern me (if I lived there) is the  nearby Makran subduction zone in the Northern Arabian Sea. It is capable of generating tsunamigenic earthquakes that can have an upper limit of moment magnitude (Mw) of as much as 8. Imagine a 40ft. wall of water hitting this glorified sandbar!

tom271 ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 7:22 PM

well, there goes $14 billion dollars...  down the imaginative renderosity drain......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

skiwillgee ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 9:47 PM

Everybody pooh poohing the invitation.  My bags are packed.  Do I need to know a last name or will "Frank" be enough to get by the front desk.   "yes sir, Frank,  you know, Donald's friend...  You should be expecting me...  may I borrow your phone?"

ddaydreams ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 7:01 PM
ddaydreams ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 7:16 PM · edited Sun, 13 August 2006 at 7:17 PM

danamo> Quote - What would really concern me (if I lived there) is the  nearby Makran subduction zone in the Northern Arabian Sea. It is capable of generating tsunamigenic earthquakes that can have an upper limit of moment magnitude (Mw) of as much as 8. Imagine a 40ft. wall of water hitting this glorified sandbar!

As I gets me Wile E. Coyte umbrella.

Don't tell em this but I wouldn't live there either. I just thought that's it's cool such stuff can be built, it's a nice deviation from the standard matrix city like grid.

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.