Fri, Sep 20, 2:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Serious Poser Help

colorfulsilk ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 9:33 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:18 PM

I have had poser 5 for almost a year and I have just upgraded to poser 6 about a month ago even having poser 5 I never knew how to construct a scene in the poser program. Is there a tutorial that can help me with this? Thanks in advance to all who answers.

slakrboy ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 9:52 AM

Content Paradise has a DVD tutorial for Poser 6 that is really good.  I think it costs $40, but it is worth every penny.  I've been using Poser 6 for about 6 month, and I had bought the book Practical Poser when I got Poser.  While Practical Poser is an awesome book, nothing beats a video tutorial.

After watching the DVD, I learned some things that I did not know ever after using Practical Poser and working with the program for 6 months.  Two Thumbs Up!

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 10:02 AM

I don't think there is a one method fits all approach to creating a scene. So, here is something to think about: What is the main objective of the render. What figures will be used What props What backgrounds Lighting. Some approaches are to set up the figures, add hair and clothes. Then add the scenery props..buildings, grounds, that sort of stuff. Another is just the opposite..add the scenery then the figures,add hair and clothes then pose. I use both ways especially if I have a scene I want to re-use but with different figures. This may not be answering the question but might give you some ideas.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

geep ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 12:12 PM

Hi colorfulsilk,

You might find some help HERE. ..........  :biggrin:

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 2:00 PM · edited Fri, 11 August 2006 at 2:00 PM

:blink:  Holy Crow!!  For some reason, your website is one of the few I haven't seen yet, Dr. Geep.  Talk about being bookmarked!!   What a fabulous site, with massive information overload! 🤤  I have the house to myself this weekend...guess where i'll be!

geep ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 2:11 PM · edited Fri, 11 August 2006 at 2:11 PM

Thanks StevieG1965 ... I'm glad you like the website.

Remember, Questions are always welcome.

BTW - If you're new to Poser, you might want to check out the "Inside Poser" class which will start again on Monday, September 4th.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

dvdcdr ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 3:38 PM

poser's not really good for building scenes, but (as you prbably already no) it is the greatest program to create people with.  it has quality results but u can accomplish it with great ease.  still, setting scenes up with it really isn't what it's meant for.  i'd reccomend looking into vue from e-on software.  they import fully animated poser characters that retain all their material information, dynamic cloth, all hair.  and u can put them in some really nice environments.

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2006 at 3:32 AM

Poser is very good at doing indoor scenes no question, however I have to agree with dvdcdr in that outdoor scenes aren't as good in Poser as they are in Vue.

Generally I use Poser for indoor and V5I for outdoor!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

slakrboy ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2006 at 9:42 AM

I have never used Vue, or Terragen, or any of the other "world builder" software packages out there, but I think you can get good results using just Poser.  I recently purchased the 3D World Builder kit for Poser, and I am very impressed with it.  It is easy to use and very versatle.  I put together a quick flyby and upload it later so you can see what I'm talking about. 

Based on the images I see in the gallery, this package looks just as good.  More to come.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.