Tue, Oct 22, 3:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Side DITI 8-8-06

bentchick ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 10:03 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:54 PM

file_350567.jpg

Hi guys!

I am going to post this pic in B&W in my gallery tomorrow or the next day and wanted to start a little advertisment by adding a few of the best ones when I post and inviting everyone to look in on the forum. So have at it!!!!! And have fun!!!!!!!!!

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 10:18 AM

That´s a really good idea to spam the forum Kim. 😄 Maybe i will have a go at this one.

Hey Kort my friend.....am i off the hook now??? HOW MANY MORE DOES IT TAKE??? LMAO!!! :b_tonguewink:

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

bentchick ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 10:52 AM

Oh no you don't!!!!!!!!!! Don't let him off the hook Kort!!!!! Make him post one on Monday!!!! LOL ;p

Kim Hawkins

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 11:31 AM

Why Kim??? :b_crying: WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

oldworld ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 2:05 PM

file_350585.jpg

"Gone but not Forgotten"

a little crop....some filters applied (old photo fade; diffuse glow..etc.)

bentchick ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 3:54 PM

Nice colors in that!!! I like that filter! The one I'm posting is going to be cropped a little more on the left. I tried to get rid of that light spot up there!

Gee..........I hope more people do this one.........I thought it was pretty cool, maybe I'm the only one?????? :(

Kim Hawkins

aangus ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 4:15 PM

Andreas, you've got the whole community and its dog waiting with baited breath to see your entry for MONDAYS DITI! I'm so excited as I'm sure everyone else is to see what you've got for us!....No pressure now but it better be good ...lol.

Nice picture Kim, I'll check out the B&W one when you post it.

The only thing is leaving a pair of boots together unsupervised like this...well see for yourself, the inevitable happens!

aangus ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 4:16 PM

file_350592.JPG

Dang...file was too big...sorry!

aangus ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 4:39 PM

file_350594.JPG

An another couple of attempts....

Margana ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 6:20 PM

file_350616.jpg

Great idea to get folks into the forum,Kim.I'm glad you did this.

Okay here's mine.It's not exactly what I was going for...Maybe I'll take another stab at it tomorrow...

PS I love the one with all the boots.You always crack me up,Anthony. :^D

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Firesnuffer ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 10:21 PM

file_350631.jpg

I've been sitting back and reading these forums for quite some time but have never been much of a participant . I liked this photo so much (thank you, Kim), and this being my birthday, I thought I would give it a try.

Manning

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 12:29 AM

file_350635.jpg

I think this an excellent shot , and fun to play with.Thes all look so fineeee.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 1:35 AM

file_350640.jpg

Great edits everyone. I better hurry up and post mine while the background will be right for me. You know how it goes Marlene, lol. 😉

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Margana ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 1:41 AM

LOL Yes I do.

Nice work,Andreas.How did you get that edge around your photo,may I ask?I've seen it before but never knew what it was or how to do it...

Thanks.

Marlene <")

My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 1:53 AM

That´s a plug-in. AutoFX PGE. Thank you....i do like them postcards, LOL. :tt2:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Margana ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 2:00 AM

And you do them so well,too.

Thanks for the info.That explains why I could never do it...I don't have it,lol.That would help. ;^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 12:37 PM

file_350675.jpg

Lots of great versions here, but I realized no one had made a "flood" one, so... Belated Happy Birthday Firesnuffer. I like what you did with the image...reminds me of a stage set somehow.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

bentchick ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 12:39 PM

Whoo Hoo!!!!!!!!!   Look at all the great ideas!!!!!!!!!!! Yah!!!!

Oh! Happy Birthday Firesnuffer (come on, don't be shy, what's your real name?) !!! Welcome to Diti-dom!!!!

Anthony????? They're boots..... not rabbits!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL ;p You Nut!!!! (in a good way, okay!) And I also thought about the selective coloring, but kinda leaned toward full on B&W, cuz I don't do it often enough!!!!

Marlene!!!! Love it!!!!!!!! Excellent mood on that one........... as a matter of fact.......... I think it's better then mine.................WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Thanks for joining in Doug!!!! Although I was expecting a decoy or some other feathered friend added!!!! LOL ;p

And then there is his Highness.............showing us all up with his expertise!!!!

Cool!!!!!! I think I will wait til saturday to post and give a few others time to work on this! Then we get to see what Andreas will throw at us on Monday!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to you all!!!
Kim

Kim Hawkins

bentchick ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 12:41 PM

Kort!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You snuck one in on me while I was writing my comment!!!!
I hope those boots have been water proofed!!! LOL ;p

Kim Hawkins

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 1:46 PM

LOL@Kort. I had that in mind too actually. It seems the flood filter just has to come up at least once in every DITI.

Aw...thank you Kim...you lier you, LOL. And thank you soooo much for reminding me of my responsibilities. :sad:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

bentchick ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 2:26 PM

M&Ms!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim Hawkins

Firesnuffer ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 10:36 PM

Thank you, Kim and TwoPynts, for the "happy birthday"... it was :)

My name is Manning (first name) and it's very nice to be here. I hope to learn enough to be able to contribute one day. I'm happy to meet ya'll!

Manning

bentchick ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 7:32 AM

Hi Manning!!!!! Hang with us........you'll learn tons!!!!

Kim Hawkins

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 8:11 AM

Yes Manning -- do the opposite of what we do and you'll become a truly great photographer! 😉

Firesnuffer ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 9:10 AM

LOL, TwoPynts! I've been watching from the sidelines long enough to see that all of you have GREAT talent and don't mind sharing your knowledge and experience with one another...such a friendly community!

I'm a Total beginner but the tips and examples I find here have kept me from becomming totally frustrated with myself. Thanks to you ALL.

Manning

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 9:15 AM

That is heartening to hear Manning, thanks for your kind words. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and someone will do their best to help ya out.

Margana ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 9:22 AM

Welcome Manning...Happy belated bday to you.

And Kort's right....there is almost always someone who can help you out here.Just ask...

Marlene <")

My Blog

Margana ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 12:21 PM

file_350757.jpg

Firstly,thank you Kim.I'm glad you like it.I wasn't totally satisfied with it,so I played with it some more.This is closer to what I wanted to acheive,although I would've loved something else in there,like a basket with white flowers or something,or a cowboy hat on the right chair....

Anyway,here it is.I look forward to seeing yours.If it's not too much trouble,would you mind linking to it here after you upload?I don't visit the galleries regularly and I wouldn't want to miss it.

(  PS-I never seem to get it right when I upload something here.It always looks stinky.So I'm anticipating it will this time as well,sigh.Anybody out there got any clues about size and res etc.so it doesn't always end up looking awful? )

And now for some feedback: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Marlene <")

My Blog

bentchick ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 11:04 PM

Now that's cool, Marlene!!! Why didn't I think about two chairs???? And a hat or blanket or something like a halter, hanging off the other chair would have been cool!!!
I wish I had gotten some more pictures of the cabins there! They were all fixed up with old rusty things and boots and old coffee pots with flowers in them! I guess I will just have to make another trip up there before the summer is over!
Thanks, Marlene, I'll be sure to put a link in here, either this thread or a new one, probably sometime tomorrow!!!
Hugs!
Kim

Kim Hawkins

bentchick ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2006 at 12:23 PM

Here is the link to my post!

http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1271429

I'm really sorry, but my HTML sucks!!! I spent almost an hour trying to get the other photos into my post, but I couldn't get them to show up for nothing! So if anyone can help this old lady, I would really appreciate it!!!! LOL ;p

Kim Hawkins

Margana ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2006 at 5:00 PM

LOL I hear ya,Kim.I am hopeless when it comes to HTML.Wish I could help,but believe me you definately don't want that,lol.

Thank you,again,btw.I wish I could've added a hat or a blanket,like you said.I think that would've looked great.Yup,you're just going to have to go back there,that's all. ;^)

Where would you be going back to,anyway?Cabins...sounds lovely....

Off to check out your upload now......

Marlene <")

My Blog

gradient ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2006 at 7:03 PM

file_350872.jpg

Subtle changes only....

In youth, we learn....with age, we understand.

bentchick ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2006 at 10:07 PM

file_350889.jpg

Subtle is good..................I like it!!!

Yup........... I'd like to go back up to the cabins at the pack station.......they were cool!!!!

Lots of stuff like this laying around and making for interesting subject matter!

Kim Hawkins

Margana ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 12:32 AM

Forgive my ignorance Kim,but what's a 'pack station'?

Marlene <")

My Blog

bentchick ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 11:00 AM

LOL, Marlene!!!! You've led a sheltered life!!!! JK! ;p

A pack station is where they keep all the horses for trips into the back country. They also do hourly and half day or all day rides, but mostly they take people waaaaaayyyyy into the back country on horseback and all the gear, like tents and cooking stuff, is brought up on mules, so you dont have to carry it yourself!!!!!
I've never been on a pack trip myself, but Janice (hidinthesierras) use to work for one of the ones in Mammoth.

Oh yeah, anyone who wants to mess with the other pic I threw up here, go right ahead.

Or maybe everyone is waiting with baited breath for Andreas' DITI on Monday????????
Let's make sure he doesn't weasle out of it!!!! LOL ;p

Kim Hawkins

aangus ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 11:06 AM

ANDREAS ! ANDREAS ! ANDEREAS! RA! RA! RA!  You'll have to drag yourself away from the Athletics for 5 min big man!    I'm Sooooooo excited....this is worse than waiting for Shrek 2 to come out!

Margana ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 11:09 AM · edited Sun, 13 August 2006 at 11:09 AM

LOL! You got that right!I've never heard of a pack station.The only horses around here are at riding academies and the like.If you're lucky they'll have a small trail...but usually it's alongside roads and such.There not to much open country around here.It sounds wonderful,though.

And LOL at letting ol' Andreas weasel out of his Diti duty....Can't let that happen!

Marlene <")

My Blog

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 11:29 AM

............siiiiigh.  :b_shocked:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Margana ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 11:37 AM

LOL. Aw poor baby.  ;^(

Marlene <")

My Blog

bentchick ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 9:00 AM

Hmmmmm?????? (taps foot fast.....looks at watch...... checks calendar)
Isn't it Monday???????   Where's Andreas' DITI post?????

Don't make me come over there!!!!!!

Actually.............that might be fun!!!! LOL ;p

Kim Hawkins

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 9:05 AM

STOP PUSHING MEEEEEEEE!!!! :sad: It will be one today....i´m sure....it´s definitly on my to-do-list...somewhere. :tt2:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

bentchick ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 11:29 AM

TDTD!!!!

To Do Ta Da!!!!

:tongue2:

Kim Hawkins

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 11:45 AM

:b_sweat: Oh the stress you´re putting on me....siiiiigh. Okay....hang a few and i´ll see if i can´t find something to post. 😉

Andreas

Mystic Pic

bentchick ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 5:23 PM

Did your mother have this hard a time with you???????????  LOL ;p  JK!!

How does your lovely wife put up ?:tt2:

Kim Hawkins

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.